Hotels.com
FindHotel
StayForLong
Trip.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We found the Baiyoke Chalet to be, on balance, surprisingly good. There weren't many guests, and I think the staff booked us into two of the largest rooms -- which was fine with me. The rooms were spacious and well furnished, and everything -- plumbing, air conditioning, wifi -- worked smoothly. We had balconies facing the Kong Mu hill, with a clear view of the wat at its top. Staff at the front desk seemed almost entirely without English (though friendly and eager to please), and service at breakfast was a bit lacking in cordiality, but those were the only features that were even slightly negative. The location is just about perfect, across an intersection from the post office, a few dozen meters from the Jong Kham lake and the thoroughly charming night market, and within easy walking distance of everything (except the airport if you have heavy luggage). The town is small, so most of the hotels and guesthouses are conveniently located, but the Baiyoke Chalet probably edges out most of the competition in that regard. I'd happily stay there again.

Room tip: I liked the third floor.
Date of stay: November 2011
2  Thank Xiengkhouang
Reviewed 8 November 2011

If you know the expression TiT, This is Thailand you will know it is a comment on some of the unique goings on in Thailand and that to me is how the Baiyoke Chalet Hotel seems to be. The hotel is situated pretty much in the centre of Mae Hong Son and right across from the evening street market so it is easy to get around from there. It has good off road parking and a garden area with seating where sometimes they serve drinks, just when is more difficult to define. The rooms are reasonably comfortable and spacious with a western style bathroom which when, at the time of writing, you consider you can stay and have breakfast for less than £20 ($30). Breakfast varies, on previous occasions that I have stayed at the Baiyoke Chalet it has been a buffer but on the time that this review refers to it was served to you which is not as good in my opinion. The bar sort of opens about 9pm although I am sure you could get a drink before that if you wanted one. They have live music, of a sort. Then night I was there it seemed like this was the practice venue for some college kids band. One night is fine, but I am not sure I would stay longer.

Date of stay: March 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Alan T
Reviewed 12 April 2011

Was sort of disappointed with the room. Lots of concrete and sorta noisy with primitive shower. Everything worked and was okay for 1 night. Don't pay too much. No pool during my stay.

Room tip: quieter in back
Date of stay: April 2011
2  Thank jjmmd2003
Reviewed 23 January 2011

As the others have said, the night market is across the street. Getting up early to visit the wet market was not difficult as it is close by as well. However, our room was basic and we paid for superior. The American breakfast was not appetizing and a good reminder that we should eat local style. The staff try very hard but are very limited in English. Our biggest frustration is that the WIFI didn't work once during our four day stay. It did, however, work at a wonderful cafe beside the temple...

Date of stay: January 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed 4 December 2010

A fairly large set up. The room I was put in was not that big but decent enough.
Night walking street is right across the road so have your money ready.
The tourism office is right next door.

Right in the middle of town so everything is really near.

Date of stay: November 2010