“The food is soo good in this place”

Good Dream Guesthouse
Ranked #262 of 678 Restaurants in Krabi Town
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

I've had Garlic Pepper Fish, a plate of julienne cabbage topped with cream dory with baked potato and salad and it was unforgettable. Their Watermelon Lassi was also too unforgettable. I am staying here now and loving their wonderful hospitality. Oh and the menu was so hilarious with Bryan's side comments.

GoodDreamGuy, Owner at Good Dream Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2015

We are really happy you liked it !

The fish dishes are new this year and I too like them a lot! I have to admit I was apprehensive to put fish on the menu because I am no good at preparing it Thankfully the rest of the staff seem to be experts so I'm happy it worked out.

Thanks!

Reviewed 29 March 2015 via mobile

Me and my friend where in town and just saw the sign "Mexican food" and where so happy!

I got my fruit plate before my meal and my iced latte that I've been craving for some time now... I asked to get it without sweetening and it was just how it tastes at home!
We ordered food and it was superfood and Mexican, worth the price! It's around 50-100baht for a "starter" and 110-150baht for a meal :)

Nice staff who's friendly and knows English.

I can't claim responsibility for this one because Good Dream doesn't own or operate the restaurant in there but they don't have a T.A. page that i know of so I will accept this award on their behalf.

I will say that I agree with you though, not as an owner but because I too am a regular customer there and Mexican food this good is tough to come by in Thailand so I am delighted it is on my street and in the town I live in.

Thanks for sharing!

Reviewed 29 March 2015

It might not look much from the road but take the time to drop in have some Honest Stawberry Daqaris ( in MUGS) 100THB, real burgers,and real thai food. You will be surprised by the quality and the quantity of the food and the friendly relaxed ambience. We travelled from Ao Nang to Krabi just to go there!!!!

That is fantastic news and it means a lot to us. Keep in mind that strawberry shake is only 100B if you put rum in it :)

Glad the trip was worth it!

Reviewed 11 March 2015 via mobile

What a lovely little cafe here at this guesthouse. Came here two days in a row, feels very welcoming and the staff is lovely. Vivi was working both days and she is very kind, friendly and also funny. The menu is funny and full of good food. I probably ate too much, haha. Anyway, really recommend. Feels so welcoming that I spent my last two hours in Krabi in this place. Lovely. Thank you! Kapunkaa (I'm sorry I don't know how you write it), "love" x

One of the things that we incorporate into Good Dream Restaurant is that it is also a fun environment. That is why our menu is intentionally funny and the staff are super friendly and humorous. ViVi is a star and she will be happy you wrote this. She is a bit of a local celebrity because of her personality and we are so happy she works here.

Glad you loved it and see you next time!

Reviewed 18 January 2015

I went in here two times. I did Not sleep here. The French Owner or boss? Was very politte knowledgeable and friendly. I just got a cheap drink and used the good wifi in the eating area. It has two tables on the patio you can people watch as well as indoor sitting. However people were smoking which I hate when I eat but may be great for the smoke eat and drink types. Although it was ppen air flow which limited sitting smoke

.I came back the next day and to be fair I changed my mind like 5 times within two minutes trying to get a Mexican style meal with avacado. I finaly pointed to the chalk singn that said cheese burrito and asked for that with avacado. she said that would be 180 Thai Baht as the avacavcado was 50 extra. She then brought me a realy tasty beef burher with some average level frys. The bhrger bun was really good texture and taste was home bake too. Anyway the two lady clerks were really bad at English and the one said I had asked for a burger which I never have at any time in Thailand (thatvwould be rather sad) beef was some of the freshest and best I have had in a while though. I am very tempted to go back but I think the two clerks and the really good english speaking cook/boss older lady might be a bit miffed. Oh by the way they at no time admitted their wrong it it was their wrong asIknow I clearly said iin English Cheese Burrito... Regardless I really jate smelly even a whiff of smoke when I eat so I proably wont go agian and no doubtvthey will know Me from writing this and be further pissed... But yeah no idea how the Mex food is but when you do go there try to negotiation a some of thier primo bread to sub for their medicore fries thst come with the burger.

Again I can't claim responsibility for this one because Good Dream does not own or operate the restaurant . . which is named "Tawan" and is in leased space on the ground floor which we rent to them.

The French guy is the owner's husband and yes, he is a very nice guy with lots of knowledge of the area.

About the order mix up - that would make me upset as well and i'm afraid it happen from time-to-time in Thailand because of the language difference - - Even at my own restaurant that I do own and operate like the time I asked my staff for English breakfast tea and they made an entire English breakfast accompanied with hot Lipton tea.

However, the best local story about a kitchen-mix-up is one where my friend ordered a "bucket of ice" . He started to wonder why it was taking so long to get his bucket of ice when here comes the waitress with a nice crispy oven-baked baguette ..... filled with ice cubes...