“Good for the money”

Good Dream Guesthouse
Ranked #275 of 707 Restaurants in Krabi Town
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 5 February 2014

Nice friendly, youthful place to stay for a night or two. Don't count on much for your buck but if all you're looking for is a cheap place to lay your head, then look no further. Cheap as chips!

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Been staying in Krabi the past couple weeks with my boyfriend - been to Good Dream to eat on many occasions. Also to check out the movies a few nights as well. Food there is great (from what I've tried). Had the burger - although I'm allergic to wheat so no bun for me, it was still very satisfying! Also have tried the wings and several salads - all have had great flavor. Good deals on food & plates are filling. I like the fact that they play movies too. It's nice to go and have a spot to chill for a bit.

Have not had a chance to actually stay at the guesthouse, although I wanted to check it out. However, we are traveling with our band and have a bunch of music equipment stored at a spot a ways up the street, so found it easier to just keep our room there where we have constant access to our equipment.

From my experience there though, I would imagine it's also a great spot to get a room!

Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

When looking through the menu we noticed a lot of stories about how great Good Dream's food items are. We only tried the Bacon Cheeseburger and Blue cheese burger. They were both pretty good for Thailand standards. This place is owned by a foreigner which led me to believe their western food would be more authentic. They also had a great meal for 150THB for a bacon cheeseburger, fries and a coke. Not a bad deal compared to prices in the area. I'd say give it a go if you need to get your burger fill.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This time we did not stay at this place but we came here for a green curry. It was everything but not a thai green curry. All herbs were missing. I used the socket for 30 minutes and had to pay 50 Baht for that. Yes, there is a very small sign next to the socket but I did not see it.
In my opinion this is a really bad policy. In the last two years I have never had such an experience whereever I went in Asia. In Thailand electricity is not so expensive comparing for example to Cambodia.
Nearly 2 USD for that is out of the question. I forgot: if consume more than 300Baht it is free of charge.

GoodDreamGuy, Owner at Good Dream Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2015

While I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal here and we do genuinely try to make sure everyone is happy here!

There are a few things I would like to say in response though.

I can't imagine what Thai herbs you could be referring to. There is only a couple or herbs that go in a green curry and we got the Thai versions of them.... from a market..... in Thailand.

What can I say here? We receive accolades about the curries from most of our guests and the recipe hasn't changed! I guess my Thai staff are just going to have to disagree with you on the correct way to make a dish that is part of their national identity and they have been making their entire lives :-)

On to the electrical charge (socket)

Some people miss the point about the charging for electrical use and it isn't something we apply very often. I can't imagine not seeing the 26-point font notice that is right next to the outlet... Do i really need to make it bigger than that?

I don't really understand this whole "plugging in without asking first" anyway... Did i miss something as i get older? Is this the reason why there are no outlets in most chain restaurants? Is it not a common courtesy to get permission before someone uses or takes something that isn't theirs?

Reviewed 9 March 2013

There is some great food here, the best thing by far is the strawberry shake. This is also a great place to book tours from.

That is the 2nd time someone has recommended the strawberry shake item specifically.

It is pretty awesome.... isn't it?

Thanks for your review.