Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Anneliesnl
Utrecht

my favourite spot

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 May 2016
Been coming here for years, feels like home to me. Yes, the guesthouse is old, but for me that adds to the charm. For those who love a quiet spot on a house boat with stunning views and adorable staff.... come here!
Date of stay: April 2016
  • ZenHotels.com
    AU$197
2.9 km from River Guest House
Free parking
The hut river view 1,200 include breakfast.
Get rewarded with One Key
    AU$39
2.0 km from River Guest House
View more hotels in Kanchanaburi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 March 2016

I really mean view. Everytime I come to Kanchanaburi the first thing in my mind is a view from River guest house room's balcony. Every sunset I love to sit there with my enjoy. I feel very good there and good energy around there.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 17 January 2016

The place was ok not too bad for the price you pay, nice view in the morning from the balcony. The shower water is small weird thou, we thou they might use the river water :P but we not sure. People there are nice, the place smell not so good because so many dogs there.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank Katekawaii
Reviewed 1 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in total sandwiched around a trip to Elephants World, and it was an experience!
This was the first quintessentially Thai place we stayed in during our trip in Thailand. The location is stunning - huts built on stilts right onto the river. It had been rebuilt 6 years ago due to destruction caused by the rainy season, and I think it is fair to say the decoration is an ongoing process!!
There are two choices of room, we arrived and booked the basic rooms with a fan - however the sweltering heat caused us to plump straight away for a switch to the air con bungalows that jut out into the waterway. The extra 50ish baht was well worth it, as it was slightly less basic. It also had a lovely balcony which was treated to fabulous sunsets, and you are welcome to fish.
Now let's not beat around the bush, this is basic. The bathroom is basic, the bed is just about comfortable, even the path to the front door was an adventure. But all these things had buckets of character; an unforgettable experience, increased by the daily marauding black and yellow monitor lizards.
As a whole, I would give a deserving 3 star rating to this guesthouse, but the extra star is happily given for the charming, smiling and helpful owner (you won't forget him). I would definitely return to this tranquil guest house.
Would also note in response to other reviews that we had no creepy crawly night guests, and found the rooms surprisingly clean, bar the odd cobweb.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jenni B
Reviewed 23 February 2015

Very nice people own this place, but it is leading to abandon (no services, woodwalk not really safe). That's too bad. The view is very nice and quiet, that's the best point. But you can find cheaper and better places around.

Date of stay: February 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank BLC44350
Reviewed 2 February 2015

Yes, this guesthouse has been around for a long time and it is not "up to date" on all things interior wise. However, where it lacks in decor and/or modern fittings it makes up for in charm, natural beauty and friendliness. I stayed 1 month in the basic double room. For people who said the bathroom is dirty, its not dirt but a calcium buildup from the water. Other bathrooms in Kanchanaburi have it. The bathrooms are clean and on par with the facilities at popular guesthouses in the area. I haven't seen any cockroaches or spiders in my room, but if I did it would not be a big deal because they're everywhere in this country! I have however enjoyed the beautiful monitor lizards, twig cafish and other rarer river fish and birds. The sunset is one of the best I've seen. The place is also quiet and doesn't seem to attract a particular crowd of people known for their "nighttime antics". The family that runs it couldn't be more friendly. All in all, you get what you pay for. This is one of the cheapest guesthouses in the area. If you want a room with fancy, western interiors expect to pay a lot more. If you do want to feel like you're actually staying in Thailand with a genuine, non-intrusive family, it won't get much better than this.

Date of stay: January 2015