Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
mortie2009
Cozumel, Mexico

beautiful!

Review of Xanadu 2008
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 7 Aug 2018
interesting, amazing, friendly and very helpful staff. Hell fire pass left us speechless. Very educational for our 14 year son. The hotel and spa were just amazing along with the best massage and evening meal along side the river.
Date of stay: December 2017
    AU$67
    AU$75
6.6 km from Xanadu 2008
Free parking
The hut river view 1,200 include breakfast.
AU$40
    AU$58
    AU$70
6.1 km from Xanadu 2008
View more hotels in Kanchanaburi
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 May 2017

Nice enough place, decent sized clean pool, rooms small but clean, about 15 mins drive from attractions and food ok. Arrived and found owner having a beer which was fine but having driven all day it would have been nice to have been offered a cool drink. Night before we checked out we had all our cash stolen from our room while we had a meal about 30m away. The owner had assured us that there were no safes because we didn't need one. He suspected a staff member who did not return to work the next day and assured us it had been reported to police. He also promised us he would have our money returned but to date he will not even answer an e mail. Short advice stay somewhere else.

Room tip: In some other hotel
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
11  Thank Shanryatthebeach
Reviewed 4 March 2017

By the river, but away from the heavily toured areas of the river and town. It's family owned, very clean, very nice garden and a small swimming pool. The food is absolutely great. There's a nice village about 1 km up the road, with a small daily afternoon market that is worth a visit. Along the road there are plenty of tobacco and roselle (used for hibiscus tea) fields.

Room tip: All rooms are quiet and nicely designed, I don't think some are better located than others.
Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank SanookTrat
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Booked for a six night stay at this beautiful place via Agoda. On arrival it was clear that the pool was empty. We were greeted by a lovely Thai lady who said " We are closed for ten days, did you book with Agoda. She had informed them of the problems, which included her husband gone away!!! Still they sent clients and unlike us, a couple stayed. It was important to us that the pool was available as we wanted to wind down for a week before returning to the UK. The lady was so sweet and also very sad about her husband, you could see she was close to tears.
We used her internet and booked elswhere, and she tried to speak with Agoda, but struggled with the answering machine. I email Agoda and am currently awaiting a reply.
We had a quick look around and the setting is wonderful, right next to the river. So if wanting to stay here, do not use Agoda, all others are acting according to her wishes, but not Agoda!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Flyer530759
Reviewed 17 February 2017

I had read some non complimentary reviews as I was checking my reservations last week before I left home.Over tge past two months the reviews for this resort became very bad indeed .I called Agoda booking to check that everything was OK and they assured me it was .This morning we arrived from Bangkok to find the gate closed and unattended ,the letterbox had been broken into ,always bad news .I opened the gate and walked into the resort towards the pool and could see it was empty .A woman called out to me that she was closed .There are people staying as there were towels hanging out on the rails .This place clearly has fallen on hard times and until it gets its act together Agoda should not have it on its website .I have paid for this appalling service and will be looking for recompense

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank geraldine d
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

I arrived here to stay for a night only but to be honest it didn't take me long to decide for extending the stay up to 2 nights just because this place IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!! 😍😍😍
right from the beginning the owners Nee (Thai) and Dennis (from England) treated me like a good friend, even almost like a son! ;)
Fresh welcome-papaya for free, guided visit at the local market, having some beer and a lot of nice talks with Dennis who is a real fan of nature and animals (like me ;) ), just sit at the river which touches the hotels garden... beautiful animals to see everywhere arround! and of course the bungalows are quite fantastic and very clean! free laundry service also included. and the whole best thing is Nee's incredible cooking skills! Thai Food at its best for sure!!! 🍜🍚🌯
Make sure u don't miss this experience!
I even wanted to stay again for a night when I came back from my trip to Thong Pha Phum national park but unfortunately they didn't have any free room left that day :(
but it was nice to meet up with Dennis again for a smoke and a beer! Cheers mates! keep going like you do! ❤✌

I would rate 10 stars if possible !
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟