Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 159
Hotels.comUSD 120
Official HotelUSD 145
TravelocityUSD 120
Trip.comUSD 131
CheapTicketsUSD 120
1,118 results
All reviews frangipani wing plunge pool organic farm pranburi beach the penthouse small luxury hotel outdoor shower beachfront villa dinner on the beach kite surfers ocean view sound of the waves quiet beach tuk tuk room type thai food hammocks
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2021

Gosh!!! i never been pampered like this before with Aleenta. It was an amazing place, amazing food and excellent service but what made my stay in the hotel remarkable is that the hotel is clean, comfortable, and beautiful! I can't wait for my next vacay.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 21 March 2021

I booked a short stay at Aleenta Hua Hin to check out this property and my quick takeaway is that unless someone highly values having a sea view, this hotel is poor value. I would not recommend this property, in my opinion it does not belong in the Small Luxury Hotel (SLH) chain because there was nothing luxury about it except the price tag. I would probably rate it in the bottom 5% of all hotels I have stayed before and that’s even being generous.

Aleenta Hua Hin is actually in Pranburi, a quiet suburb about 30 minutes south of Hua Hin. I like the area, however the set up of Aleenta’s resort is awful. There are two small separate buildings about 300 meters apart so it’s almost as if one hotel bought another and they illogically decided to make it one, which makes no sense because there are a bunch of miscellaneous buildings in between. The main pool was in the other building than the one where we were staying so if we had wanted to go to the pool it would not have been convenient to say the least, especially not in swimming gear. Anyway, the strong point of Aleenta is that it is on the beach side of the road so unlike many other hotels in the area, there is no need to cross the road to access the beach, and that stretch of beach was actually quite nice.

I booked the entry level room “Oceanview Residence” and as SLH top tier member of the loyalty program I did not receive an upgrade. At check-in they informed me that the second room type was fully booked which I verified online to be correct. Denying an upgrade was therefore technically correct according to SLH rules so there is nothing to complain about, however I would note that from prior experience many SLH hotels decide to be more generous as they see fit depending on circumstances, unlike Aleenta Hua Hin. This pales in comparison with Sheraton Pranburi where in many stays there I invariably receive their top level room type without exception if it’s available at check-in, or the suite upgrades for Globalists at Hyatt Regency Hua Hin.

Aleenta advertises the entry level room as 45 sqm but they must have been counting the outdoor space upstairs on the roof of our room because the room itself was small - there was only space for one night table on one side of the bed. There was not a single shred of luxury in this room, for example air conditioning was not central, fairly low ceilings, heck there was not even a TV in the room and the bed did not have a headboard either – just the mattress against the wall. Last but not least, the faucet handles were clunky and one of them fell apart when turning on the water. Bottom line, there is no chance this hotel should qualify for the SLH chain because nothing was luxury.

The only positive I could find about the room is that it had direct sea views as our room was pretty much right above the beach, while many other hotels in the area do not have views.

I did not interact with staff very much during our stay so I cannot comment extensively about service except for a few negatives. I needed to contact the hotel in advance and e-mailed them twice at the address shown on their website and never got an answer. Once at the hotel we were informed that we could not go to breakfast whenever we wanted: we had to book a table at a specific time for social distancing reasons. Then once we were in the restaurant, we realized there was nothing about social distancing and it was all pure BS: the restaurant only had 9 tables and was packed for breakfast at 8am – they had not removed tables to create more space since covid, guests hardly had any space to move between tables. When we arrived at the time I scheduled there was only one table left and they were not checking anything regarding when guests pre-booked and they had to turn back some other arriving guests after us. I guess they simply trusted that guests would go to the restaurant when they said they would, which was not a correct assumption. This hotel is rigid in breakfast appointments as a result of the flaws in their venue, possibly because that restaurant was never designed to accommodate guests in the second (separate) building. If going on holiday I am not keen on booking my breakfast time in advance and even less so to be turned back because the restaurant is full.

Breakfast could have been the one redeeming element for this hotel to claim being luxury, but unfortunately it was not the case. The menu was not bad although a bit limited, and they found the way to irritate by asking for an extra charge if I wanted an ice latté. True luxury hotels do not attempt to nickel & dime guests for a drink.

Bottom line, I have stayed at various properties near Hua Hin and in my opinion Aleenta is not competitive with others where I have stayed and cannot justify the price premium they ask for so I cannot recommend it.

Date of stay: March 2021
3  Thank WorldWideTravel88
Reviewed 16 February 2021

We made a trip to Aleenta during the Chinese New Year/Valentine's weekend. We stayed in the Beachfront Villa. It was absolutely perfect. This was our second visit, and definitely not our last. The staff was phenomenal - the receptionists, managers, etc. The head chef was amazing - he made all the very best food for us. Their menu is based on "Wellness and Health" - which was perfect for my husband and I. I am also recovering from various food allergies and he was able to support every request I had, with a huge smile and so much kindness. He even visited our table during ever single meal and was always happy to help. This place is so special to us that I almost want to keep it secret and not write this review! But since the staff and experience was so good, I just had to share it - it would be sinful to not!
High Recommended! We also had dinner on the beach (private candlelight dinner). During the weekend (and during the candlelight dinner) there was an in-house live singer (extremely talent blind singer/pianist) who is official my favorite artist in the whole world who sang both English and Thai songs brilliantly and beautifully - and he had a warm sense of humor.

Date of stay: February 2021
Resident Manager, General Manager at Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2021

Dear ninap102,

Greetings from Aleenta Hua Hin - Pranburi Resort & Spa!

Many thanks indeed for taking the time to share us your recent stay at the Aleenta. It is always a real pleasure to learn that our loyal guests have enjoyed yet another stay with us.

We are fortunate to count many fine individuals amongst our team, to whom I shall enjoy passing on your kind compliments to. It is highly motivating for the Team Members to know that their efforts are appreciated, especially by such regular guests as yourself!

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Aleenta once again in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2020 via mobile

charging the mosquito spray is a bit too much since the design of the room is not well planned in keeping mosquitoes away at all. We came in a room that full of at least 15 mosquitoes. Food was very below average. And I don’t see any point of why would you give that amount of bread. The pool was dirty in the first night. Full of leaves and dusts. I didn’t feel private at all with the construction work. Will never return again to this hotel.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Resident Manager, General Manager at Aleenta Hua Hin Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2020

Thank you for taking the valuable time to provide feedback from your most recent stay at Aleenta Hua Hin - Pranburi.

It is our continued aim to exceed our guests' expectations in all areas, which sadly has seemed not to have happened on this rare occasion. The information that you have provided to us will be used in our continued development, team training and followed up with our team.

We do hope that we may be able to regain your confidence in future and welcome you back to the resort for the true Aleenta experience as the vast majority of our guests enjoy.

Until then, if the team or I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on rm.ahh@aleenta.com.

Warm regards,

Luca Mancini
Resort Manager

Reviewed 12 October 2020

It is a lovely small boutique hotel, perfect for a quiet getaway. There are rooms right next to the beach, and it is a pleasure waking up to the sight these rooms offer.
The Candle Light Dinner is a must for a complete experience.

Date of stay: October 2020
1  Thank 123SamSingh

Thank you for taking the valuable time to provide feedback on your most recent stay at Aleenta Hua Hin - Pranburi.

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at our resort and we do hope that we may be able to welcome you back again in the near future.

For your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly on rm.ahh@aleenta.com for our preferential return rates and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards,