Lowest prices for your stay
AU$66
Priceline
Vio.com
AU$60
All reviews great location walking distance to the beach bars and restaurants per night hua
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Very good value considering the tariff was only 1900 baht ,including breakfast. Not a great hotel by any means but our room was spacious and clean with an outside balcony. The room had all the facilities expected such as a safe, flat screen TV with access to a variety of networks,etc. Aircon was outdated and not quite cool enough for me but otherwise I have no complaints. Car parking on site. Small swimming pool.
Friendly staff. The hotel is in a very good location close to nightlife and some excellent restaurants. All in all a very good 3 star hotel in my opinion.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank traveller59
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Older style, probably last renovated in the 70's, hotel. But very clean and well presented. King size rooms and comfy beds. I think the internet is free too. Wish all hotels would get the message and provide that. Well located to centre of the city and the night spots. Easy to get to from Bangers, and well worth the experience. Very nice staff too. Overiding memory is that it was good value for the money.

Room tip: All rooms fairly similar.
Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SteveS14
Reviewed 17 July 2011

My mum and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights during our vacation in Thailand this june, and thought it was good value for money.

The hotel has a great location, with short distance to anything. The rooms are clean, spacious - and with large beds. They are not very modern, and the bathrooms are a little worn out. The same goes to the balconies. The pool area is nice and quiet.

The breakfast is not very impressing, so you won't be having any gastronomic experience here - but at least it's an offer. The service from the hotel staff is ok

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte Z
Reviewed 24 June 2011

I stayed at the Sirin Hotel for three nights in June 2011, taking advantage of excellent rates offered by a booking website (I paid for three nights what I would have paid for one in high season). I enjoyed my stay there and would definitely recommend it to people looking for a 'middle of the road' establishment. The staff were unfailingly cheerful, friendly and helpful - and that is one of the hotel's selling points. The room was clean, spacious and well-appointed and I slept very well indeed, even though it overlooked a small and busy car park and a large branch of McDonalds, open 24 hours a day. I suspect that had it not been low season, it might have been more cacophonous - though the air conditioning inside the room was quite loud, which tended to block out external noise. I am also (fortunately) a heavy sleeper. The bathroom was small but perfectly adequate, with plenty of hot water, reasonably good water pressure and a shower curtain that did what it was supposed to do! A notice posted on the bathroom mirror requested us politely to have showers rather than baths due to a shortage of water in Hua Hin. The breakfast was OK; the choice was very limited but it was tasty enough (on all three days, I had boiled eggs, crisp bacon, brown toast, over-sweetened juice and insipid coffee). I used the small swimming pool only once. It seemed to be to be clean and well-maintained, though it is rather hemmed in. As has been remarked on by previous reviewers, there is a charge of 100 Baht for the use of wi-fi. However, I should point out that the ticket one buys is valid for three days, during which one can spend a total of 24 hours online. Having misunderstood what another reviewer said, I had been expecting to pay a total of 300 Baht for three days' use. I did not sit out on the balcony for the reasons stated above: the view was really not very uplifting! I also found the range of satellite TV channels rather unsatisfactory - and the TV set was in need of replacing due to its age and condition. These are, however, minor gripes as I thought the hotel offered excellent value for money given how little I had paid for my room. The location is also excellent, with some really nice restaurants close by (I would single out La Villa, just round the corner - but also enjoyed meals at nearby La Paillote and Prime Steakhouse). It is also very close to the former Railway Hotel (now part of the Sofitel chain), which is the 'grande dame' of Hua Hin hotels. The topiary in the beautifully kept grounds is quite amazing and its 'colonial' Elephant Bar is one of the most elegant cocktail bars I have ever had a drink in. The accompanying nibbles were exceptional - not the tired old crisps and salted peanuts one has come to expect. I travelled down to Hua Hin from Bangkok by train (a three and a half hour journey through delightful countryside, with sightings of many birds en route) and found the hotel easily, as it is on the main street leading down towards the sea from the charming station. The helpful tourist office is also close by and there is an excellent small supermarket just opposite the hotel. All in all, I would stay at the Sirin again - though I'm not sure that I would be happy paying their high season rack rates. I should add that even though it was the rainy season, most of the rain fell overnight and it was actually quite hot and sunny during the day. The nicest (and literally 'squeaky' cleanest) part of the 5 km beach is right outside the Sofitel, so that too was most convenient; the stretch of beach there, incidentally, does not belong to the hotel, so anyone can use it. The only thing that spoils it is the towering presence of the Hilton Hua Hin.

Date of stay: June 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank Colin H
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We had 2 rooms in a 9 day stay, 2 parents and 3 youngsters at age 17 - 22.
Cleaning of the rooms was excellent. The rooms vere spacious, and there was no problem getting an extra bed for our third youngster in one of the two rooms we ordered.
The hotel is at a very good location for beach and restaurant visits.
Minuses were:
- Breakfast too simple, with lack of real variation for a longer stay.
- The balconies had a large air conditioning box making noice and warm air (The noice could be eliminitatet for a while by increasing indoor temperature).

Date of stay: April 2011