All reviews beach bag free shuttle to the night market thai houses provided daily welcome drink pond view beautiful traditional thai fresh fruit golden buddha luxury villa thailand holiday beautiful pool area mosquito coils salt water pool khao takiab each afternoon minute walk
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

My second stay at Ruenkanok Thai houses. I chose the resort last year to celebrate a special birthday and loved it so much I wanted to return, this time bringing my son as I knew he would love it too. On arrival we were greeted with a delicious welcome drink, which you can also purchase from their newly built cafe, along with a variety of smoothies and lovely Thai food. We chose to eat here most days. Our room had everything we needed for our stay more than I have seen in most 5 star hotels including bathrobe and slippers, a beach bag with sandals. The rooms and surroundings are immaculate. Cleaned daily with fresh fruit and snacks brought to your room. The beach is only a few minutes walk. We also visited monkey mountain and Cicada market which are both nearby. There is a Main Street just outside of the resort with lots of shops, a launderette, restaurants etc, however once you are in the resort it so tranquil and peaceful. At night we would sit outside on the balcony overlooking the pond. I cannot thank the staff at Ruenkanok enough for looking after myself and my son so well. I'm sure we will return again sometime in the near future.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Janet B
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Reception : Felt 'unwelcomed' as my partner & I were greeted with a stern cry of 'Passport' before we could even step into the premises. No directions were given as to locate the cafe to 'claim' our welcome drink! Perhaps the receptionist, Alicia had a long, tiring day.

Room No. 19 - It was a spacious room with a view of the garden. Beautiful wood carvings deco in the room. The sheets were clean, towels were changed on a daily basis & the room was cleaned daily too. However, the mattress needs a change as it was 'sinking' in the middle. My first 2 nights were okay and I slept like a log. Day 3 & 4 were rather uncomfortable. A tray of fruits were provided daily with 2 bottles of water.

Bathroom - Spacious. There was a shower & a tub...the wooden flooring again gave a warm & comfortable feeling. Hot & cold water was no problem at all.
Pool - Not many people were in it & we had the whole pool to ourselves. Great.

Beach - The beach is just 50m away...Go out of the resort premises & turn right...keep walking & within 5 minutes, you are there.

Breakfast - They had set breakfast ...you look at the menu & decide which one you prefer. Fruits, pastries, breads & salads were to be selected on your own from their display. The breakfast area is rather small.

Location - Peaceful & quiet surroundings with great lush, greenery. The sounds of nature is fantastic...the trickling sound of the water from the pool or even rain will keep you close to nature as you hear the chirping of birds and at times the sounds of the squirrels running around. The little road that leads you to this resort may be an eye-sore but the moment you step into the premises of this little gem, you will forget it all. Going to the town is a breeze. Just walk out of the resort, cross the road and wait for the green taxi. It will only cost you 10 bhat to go from one place to another. Such an economical way of moving about. As you walk out of the resort, turn right..there is a cafe called 'Let's Eat' You can have your meals that are tasty & not pricey too. The location is ideal...A laundrette across the street, several grocery shops, a 711. If you walk along the beach, towards the hill, there is a restaurant called Madame Green. Do try their curried crabs. As you have your meals, you will be able to enjoy the sounds of the waves with the winds of the gulf touching your skin.

A young lady named Oii (with dental braces) was so warm & friendly. She looked after us well, serving us coffee/breakfast with a smile & ever willing to assist us with ideas on where to go & what to do.

There is a massage place called Chillax. This is a must for everyone. A lady, named Oai does a fantastic massage for those aching muscles after a long day out.
All in all, we had a great time staying in this little resort & will definitely be back again. Yes, I shall certainly recommend.

Room tip: Garden view rooms (upstairs) would be a better choice as you will not hear people walking above your head.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank BalvirBelle
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

ชอบค่ะ สวยมาก ชอบสไตล์แบบไทยๆ พนักงานน่ารักทุกคน เป็นกันเอง เดินแค่ 2 นาที ก็ถึงทะเลแล้ว ห้องพักและบริเวณรอบๆ สะอาด ภายในห้องตบแต่งแบบไทยแท้
such a nice Thai traditional I love it. Nice and Friendly staffs. Walk 2 mins to the beach.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This gorgeous property is a wonderful base from which to explore Hua Hin, I was underwhelmed when we first turned down the alleyway on which it is situated, strewn as it was with a dilapidated couch and a few other castoffs. Luckily, I was in for a pleasant surprise.

This place is a lovely little oasis with lush gardens, a refreshing pool, fabulous free breakfast and incredibly friendly staff.

Each day we started with a full breakfast of your choice of omelette or eggs any style, or Thai options including Pad Thai. An unlimited array of fruits, veggies, juices, herbal and black teas, coffee and baked goods were available as well. The setting, in a little patio near the pool. It was a lovely place to linger a while as we planned out our day.

The room was spacious and had excellent air-conditioning - a must in the tropical heat!

The beach was located just steps away from the front door, an easy walk to "Monkey Mountain" and the giant golden Buddha, Khao Takiab. It was also conveniently located near the main road, where truck taxis roamed into the main downtown area every few minutes.

The free library and business center were nice touches, as were the welcome drinks from the charming cafe. While not a 5 star property, this place makes up for it in personalized details and thoughtful service in every aspect.

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay here, was a beautiful spot decorated with lovely intricate wood carvings and Thai ornaments in a really nice garden with lots of nice flowers everywhere. A short walk to the beach and a free shuttle to the night markets and city beach! Would love to come back.

Trip type: Travelled solo