“My special place”
Review of Terrace 90 Bakery & Restaurant - CLOSED

Terrace 90 Bakery & Restaurant
Price range: USD 2 - USD 15
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Large range of food in a Garden Setting. Best know for BBQ Ribs, Tex Mex, Steaks and Thai Food.
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Always eat here at least once when we come to Hua Hin. My choice for my Birthday meal all be it a day early so we could enjoy the fantastic buffet evening. As always a feast of different dishes to try. A fresh salad bar that you don't have to worry about eating with delicious coleslaw. Choices of meat, fish, pasta, thai, tex mex ,all refilled frequently in small amounts so it's not sitting around. They were giving 10 % off the bill as they were celebrating 9 years in Hua Hin. It's popular with expats & usually busy so that speaks for itself. It's tucked in the corner of soi 90 which we walk up & down several times as our hotel is in soi 94. This is becoming a very up & coming area. We enjoyed a carafe of wine with our meal at a very reasonable cost. Check out their web site. Well worth getting a tuk tuk down if you're in the centre of town or wander down if you're in Market village. You don't know what you're missing. Lovely staff as always & a nice quiet setting. Love it. See you again next year, will try & get there more than once next time. Oh & as always the chocolate brownies are the best. Thank you all at Terrace 90.

2  Thank m0liner0

Reviewed 19 January 2015

I love this place! We've come here for large group events the past two years and they impressed us both times. The ribs and tex mex were our favorites, but honestly everything they served was great. Will definitely come back next time we are in Hua Hin

1  Thank AlexnIndia
Nattanan, Owner at Terrace 90 Bakery & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

Hi,

It was so much fun to have your group again this year. We look forword to next year. Thank you for taking the time to write.

Natt and the Terrace 90 Staff

Reviewed 7 January 2015

Loads of MSG, felt sick after. Maybe it was what I ordered but woooowww I felt rough a few hours after! Lovely staff big menu but not my kind of food.

Nattanan, Owner at Terrace 90 Bakery & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2015

While we welcome all feedback so as to improve our service your review left a lot of questions.

You titled your review “ Too Much Food". So we expected a great review of our Very Large Tuesday BBQ, Tex Mex, Pasta Buffet, etc. But that was not to be. So we have to wonder if you’re referring to our large portions or the amount you ate? We also wonder if you ate somewhere else before us.

You said Loads of MSG. You did not tell us what you ate or if you ate somewhere before us. We do not use MSG in our Western Foods. We do use very small amounts of MSG in some of our Authentic Thai which is how some Authentic Thai Food is made. We wish we knew the dish in question. I will check the kitchen dish by dish. However, I buy all the supplies myself and we are not using “Loads of MSG”.
We do not use MSG upon request. We are happy to make a dish to our customer’s request/direction. We make a meat dish vegetarian if requested. I think you will find some MSG is used in most all Thai restaurants if they are frequented by Thai's and local Expats. Again the amount we use is very small. First MSG compliant we can remember in 8 years.
As we redo our Menu’s we will note Thai Dishes that have MSG. We do suggest when you order Thai Food in Thailand you tell the wait staff, NO MSG.
Again thank you for writing.

Reviewed 7 January 2015 via mobile

I really liked the food and drinks, very good margaritas and good mexican food. The only negative thing was the location, in a dark back alley.

Hi,
Thanks for writing and the nice words on food and drink.

While we are off the beaten track our reputation continues to bring repeat business. We just had an Apartment House open and a 6 story Guest House and 28 room Hotel are under construction on this Soi. A Soi is a street not an ally. Narrow yes, but normal in Thailand.
We have talked with the City and they plan on installing more street lights to the Soi. We note most of our local customers have their own transport and are Tourist’s normally are by Tuk Tuk, a local taxi. I have lived in this area for 14 plus years and never ever seen a problem.
Off the current beaten track for the next year or so? Yes. Ally-No!

Reviewed 3 November 2014

My friend and I like the place. We usually visit it a couple of times per month. The food is always good. Can recommend their ribs.