All reviews minute walk clean rooms french owner no lift nice stay nice hotel thai restaurant the ground floor the hotel staff hua hin fridge balcony tv
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Siisti, mukava hotelli. Lähellä ravintoloita ja rantaan tosi lyhyt matka. Sijaitsi baarikadulla, mutta 4 kerroksen takapihalle suunnattuun huoneeseen ei kuulunu ääntäkään iltaisin.
4 kerrokseen kapuaminen kävi kuntoilusta jyrkkien portaiden takia.
Henkilökunta oli ok, mutta siivooja oli paras, uskomattoman ystävällinen ja hymyili kyllä sydämestä asti.
Hotellissa oli pari sähkökatkosta, mutta ne oli kohtalaisen lyhyitä ja päivällä eli ei meitä haitannu. Ikkunattomissa huoneissa sen sijaan taisi olla todella pimeää silloin.

Mukava, puhdas hotelli, hyvällä sijainnilla erittäin edullisesti.
Tykättiin yöpyä täällä ja voidaan suositella :)

Clean and nice hotel. There were nice restaurants near and it took only couple of minutes to walk to beach. Located on the street full of bars. We had 4th floor room with balcony on the backyard and didn't hear a thing in the evening. It was great exercise getting to 4th floor because strais were very strict ;) Staff was ok but cleanerlady was the best! Always smiling from her heart and so friendly!

There were powercut couple of times, but we did not mind. Rooms without window must have been very dark during powercuts.

Enjoyed our stay and recommend.
Nice, clean and great location with great price.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Frederic M, Propriétaire at The Beach Cha Am Guest House and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Good evening, many thanks for your very nice review. I will transfer your message to our maids, they will be very happy about your comment, many thanks for them.
We hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

Very handy to 33 bars right outside (I counted), and 2 mins walk to beach. Plenty food options all round. Quiet during the week.... quite busy on weekends. Room comfortable enough for price. We stayed 20 odd days, probably wouldnt recommend this one for long stay.... rarely had hot water shower...but a few days...yep, no probs.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Frederic M, Propriétaire at The Beach Cha Am Guest House and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thanks for your review. If you had water problem during your stay, why did you come to the reception ? We could fix this on the same day. We are here for that.
Many thanks for staying with us, it was a pleasure to welcome you.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

Was recommended by a friend & wasn't disappointed. Lovely clean rooms & very friendly staff, with a cheap laundry service. beach very close by. Very helpful owner called Fred. Looking forward to staying again

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Frederic M, Propriétaire at The Beach Cha Am Guest House and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Hi Steve, thanks a lot for your nice review about our Guesthouse. It was a pleasure for us to welcome you in our place. We wait for you for your next stay in Cha Am.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

I was over charged for the 3 nights that I stayed and then I went to go and check out. They charged me for beer I had never drank from the mini bar so always take a picture so they don’t ripped off!!!!! Worst customer service I have ever had and not to mention when I arrived in my hotel there were dirty shirts so the room had never been cleaned! So grosssss you are better off staying anywhere else! Probably the worst experience I have ever had stay in a hotel

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Frederic M, Owner at The Beach Cha Am Guest House and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hello, your comment is really strong and surprised all the team here.
How can you say that we “over charged” your room? It’s not our way of working. You booked a room and the price that we asked you was the price corresponding to your reservation. Nothing more.
I checked with our maids and your room was clean, of course, we re-check alll our room before check-in of our new customers.
I’m really sorry that you keep a bad memory of our place. Why didn’t you come to talk with us during your stay, we are here for find solutions.
We really hope that you will spend a good time in Thailand

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

The wife and I stayed here for 3 nights. We booked a double room with sea view.

We travelled here by Uber taxi from Bangkok, the cost was 1249b.

First impressions were really good, the hotel is metres from the beach and in a street of bars. Whilst checking in the owner asked us for 500 baht deposit and went on to explain that the minibar has drinks in it. This was not the welcome we expected, it showed distrust and annoyed me.

We were happy with our room, it was very clean and had a fridge and a kettle. Maid service was perfect.

At the bottom of the street turn left; just after the 7 11 there is a motorcycle rental place where we hired a bike at a cost of 200b per day. We enjoyed riding around the local area as traffic was mainly quiet.

From the hotel if you turn right there are many bars, mostly of the, erm, lots of female staff type bars. We called in few and had a few beers and played pool.

We were disappointed by the standard of food in Cha am in general but on an evening a decent meal could be found with a bit of effort. We were there midweek and the resort was quieter than expected.

We didn’t eat breakfast in the hotel, but it would have been interesting to see if a deposit was required in case we ran off.

The cost of 2505 thb was very reasonable for the stay.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Frederic M, Propriétaire at The Beach Cha Am Guest House and Residence, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Good evening Sir,

Many thanks for your nice review. You give good information and your comments are helpful for other travelers.
We are happy that you got a good impression of our hotel.

Let me just reply to you concerning the 500 THB deposit :
- 1st, we mention this deposit when our customers book a room, there’s no “surprise” concerning this.
- 2nd, we ask a deposit because we have minibars inside the room. This is also a security for us when customers check out and forget to leave the key at the reception (in that case we need to change the entire locker, this happens sometimes).
- 3rd, the deposit is a rule in all hotels around Thailand, some take a guarantee on credit card and some ask for a cash deposit. (I stayed in an hotel in BKK last week, they asked me 2,000 THB as a deposit).
- 4th, no, we don’t ask for a deposit for breakfast... I really appreciate your sense of humour... thanks !!

Finally, I really would like to apologize if I don’t welcome you as you were expecting. Maybe my English accent is not good enough or I used some wrong words to explain the deposit.
We really try to do our best for each customers, I feel sad that I annoyed you during the check-in.

I hope you will keep a good memory of your stay with us and we wish to welcome you again.