“I really would like to love this hotel...”

Veranda Resort and Spa Hua Hin Cha Am - MGallery Collection
Ranked #5 of 63 Hotels in Cha-am
Bangkok, Thailand
“I really would like to love this hotel...”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I fell in love with Veranda’s pool when I first came here for lunch a while back and had been wanting to come back and stayed here. The hotel’s pool is just lovely; it’s big, with lots of sun loungers around; by the beach, which is always breezy. There is also a big tree in the middle of the pool, which provides a really good shade for swimming during the day (even at noon). I immensely enjoyed my time swimming and hanging out by the pool and the beach. The room itself is nicely decorated and functionally designed. I would really love to come back and stay here again but hope that the hotel would work on improving their services and facilities.

Below are some of the negative experiences we had during our stay:

The staff should be a lot friendlier. When I was there, I felt like I was staying in a big chain hotel where the services were impersonal and a bit cold. For hotels at this price range, for example, we received much better services at the pool where pool towels were handed out as soon as we picked the chairs. No need for a treasure hunt for the towels.

The sewage smell that filled the room from time to time (room 108) needs to be properly dealt with. It’s definitely a mood kill when coming back from the lovely pool and beach to this smell. And please stop using that awful Glade spray. This is a resort and spa place. Use some natural, high-quality scents if you must.

We love the soap and shampoo provided (a good spa brand) but were not given lotion and conditioner. We found out later that our room, for some odd reasons, did not include these items (why not?). We managed to get the lotion but the staff made us feel like they were doing us a favor.

One evening, a staff member would like to hand out a brochure on this special spa package. She just kept knocking on the door while my friend was in the shower. She wouldn’t give up on the knocking until my friend had to come out of the shower thinking there was some kind of emergency. Not okay!

Perhaps my expectations for the hotel were too high? I’m not high maintenance but I feel like with some improvements especially on the services, the hotel would turn into a really great place where I can just come back again and again.

By the way, we had the best massages by the beach provided by a group of local Thai women (walking from the pool to the beach then turn right), only 200 baht/hour. The spa at the hotel was alright.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the pool (not a swimming pool, just a long pool). but the best choice would be...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank PeonyThailand

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 January 2012

As soon as you walk in the waterway leading to the pool are truely amamzing. Views are just excellent. We got a room on the 1st floor and it was stunning, We had a greaf view.
Prices at restuarant are more than the close by restuarants on the beach. massage is also quiet expensive considering you can get it a lot cheaper on the beach,but the beach is spa quality.
Pool is just incredible, truely very relaxing sitting by the pool having a few drinks. The restuarant by the pool is awesome, well decorated and very funky.
Our rooms were big and very comfortable. Shower and bath are great. We had a balcony which I thought was excellent it was nice sitting out at night. Beds are massive and comfortable. There is free wi -fi which was nice.
The service was great - we bought fruits such as mangoes which we needed to cut however room service offered to cut this for us free of charge.
We really had a relaxing time at the resort

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor as you dont have people walking in front of you room
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
amsterdam
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I, along with my wife and daughter, stayed here for 3 nights and had a solid stay. We had a room facing the courtyard/pool on the ground floor which was great. The breakfast was very good and the staff extremely friendly, especially to my daughter. The pool is one of my favorites - tranquil enough to be relaxing but big enough to get the blood flowing once in awhile. The beach out in front of the hotel is good but not completely relaxing as a lot of people come by selling things. The Kid's Club was a big hit with our 3 year old which was great for me and the Mrs. as it gave us some alone time which is always a bonus on a family vacation. The food in the restaurant was yummy which was key as there is not a lot to do around that area. This kind of makes the hotel a bit of a cocoon which can be a good thing if you're looking for some true down time but not if you want to get a great beach or go see sites on a moped. We plan to come back when we are next in the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank piddyman
Sandnes, Norway
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Veranda Spa and Resort was an excellent place to find peace and quite at Christmas. The spa was outstanding, food good and service excellent.
Would definitely go back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Stein Erik A
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I like everything at Veranda except that I stay on the 3rd floor not ground floor. So I cannot have the pool in front my room. I hope to stay there again next time.

Breakfast is so very tasty. So many lines of food in the morning. I loved the Welcome drink "Apple Punch" very much. The service is so very nice. Next time, I would like to stay at Pool villa because I think that it will be very good experience for me.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cha-am
2.0 km away
Dusit Thani Hua Hin
Dusit Thani Hua Hin
#2 of 63 in Cha-am

Recently Reviewed Hotels around Cha-am

Been to Veranda Resort and Spa Hua Hin Cha Am - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!