My wife and I are expat teachers living in Bangkok so we're always interested in nearby getaways for weekends out of the city. If you are looking to escape Bangkok to relax by the pool and recharge your batteries, then Tara Mantra is an excellent choice (at least in May).
• Very clean
• Friendly, helpful staff with reasonable English skills
• Delicious breakfast buffet with good mix of Western and Thai choices
• Three pools meant my wife could find space to do a proper swim without having to negotiate around less of other guests
• Shower temperature would jump from freezing to scalding which was annoying. We didn't bother asking about it but I'm sure they would have fixed it or changed rooms for us if we had.
• Cha-am does not have much going on, especially during low season but that suited us fine
Overall, if you're looking for a hotel break away from Bangkok at a reasonable price, Tara Mantra is a fine choice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo and Sawasdee so you can book your Tara Mantra Cha Am reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tara Mantra Cha Am Hotel Cha-Am