“One long smile” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Khao Lak
Carnegie
“One long smile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

From the moment we were collected from Kata Beach in Phuket and driven to Khao Lak we knew that we were going to be looked after.

Our driver Kai was exceptional and so courteous. Cold drinks and a refreshing towel along the way and on arrival we were met by the staff. Warm friendly smiles greeted us as we left our bus and the smiles lasted the entire time.

Lisa Kenny is an energetic host who looked after us in the most gracious way. Dawid made great drinks and was a friendly face all over the resort. The staff are just amazing. The gardeners, cooks, restaurant staff and housekeeping team were just magnificent.

Our room was just unbelievable and the master main bathroom a dream. We had the pleasure to stay in The Lady Sarojin suite and it was beautiful. Quality fittings and lots of little extra touches made our suite feel like a private home. My wife and daughter loved the resort
so much they did not leave the hotel. We had lunch at the Mediterranean restaurant and teh menu is good with decent prices and our breakfasts were exceptional. We had room service one night and the feast was just fantastic. Food was delivered as requested and our “night in” was exactly what we needed. We thought teh prices for food would be high but not at all.

My daughter had pool side service while I went swimming with my wife to the beach. Words will never describe the beach. White sand and clear water with only small waves hitting the beach.

We had the beach BBQ on our second night and what a great event it is. Live music and the fact that we can choose what we want to eat and it’s cooked and brought to our tables fresh was a nice way to have a buffet. Eating at romantic tables on the beach watching couples send Thai Lanterns into the sky while the sand was under our feet and the waves breaking on to the beach was a highlight we will never forgot.

The pool is amazing, I took a bike one morning for a 3 hour ride and sailing on the catamaran both days was excellent. These areboth free activities and great fun.

We have not stopped talking about our brief stay and hope to one day return to your paradise.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeff D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
North Lincolnshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We have just returned from having an amazing holiday at the Sarojin. We had a garden room and it was large and comfortable with the king size bed overlooking the gardens. The sala was great too if you just wanted to stay near your room for sitting in the shade and having quiet time alone. Leisa the hotel manager was a lovely lady who insisted that as you were on holiday that breakfast was to be served all day so no need to set your alarm to make sure you made breakfast, which by the way was silver service which was a nice change.The barbeques on the beach was a fantastic experience with everything you could wish for lots of freshly caught fish. Also the European restaurant was a first class A-La-Carte experience with a full & varied menu. The courtesy bus in to town was a great experience and we did this on a few occansions just for a change & we would recommend the O-Rendezvous restaurant on the main strip. The beach was white & pristine and the sunbed boys were very helpful and obliging, bringing iced water to you regularly throught the day, in fact nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff especially Pat who greeted us when we arrived. The only down side to the holiday was that the trips with the hotel were a little expensive, but it was a first class service when we did the elephant trek through the forest and our guide Nam was excellent and very knowledgable & helpful. A wonderful holiday & one that I would definately do again and cannot recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: All rooms face the gardens
1 Thank Pricilla054
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My partner and I have just returned from staying at The Sarojin and were truely amazed at what a gem this place is.

As many have already commented, the service from the staff is warm, genuine and you get the sense that they sincerely enjoy their role and assisting guests.

The service is just one of the many reasons which make this hotel a special place. THe gardens are immaculate yet understated. One can really begin to appreciate the level of work that goes into these gardens when you take a short stroll to one of the neighbouring hotels who may not be as fastidious.

The aesthetics of the rooms and overall furnishings is also well designed, offering a relaxed atmosphere with sophistication.

An interesting slant on an activities co-coordinator is the unique title of "Imagineer". Dawid, the Imagineer, was excellent. I would suggest anyone to meet up with Dawid at the beginning of their stay to discuss some potential outings. At no time did we feel pressured to do anything, if anything, Dawid was suggesting to us we need more time to relax rather than cram our days full of excursions. Dawid conducts a wine appreciation class which I would reccomend anyone to do. It is a total hoot! He is obviously very knowledgeable (he used to lecture at the London Wine Academy) but at no point does his extensive knowledge make anyone feel inadequate.

I would also recommend both the Similan Island Snorkeling Cruise and Sunset Cocktail Cruise. I have read some reviews where some have said they think it is far over priced. I disagree. I used to operate tours in Perth and everything was at similar pricing. The saying "You get what you pay for" rings true here!

Lastly, I want to comment on the food. Once again, I read several reviews that it was felt that the food was expensive and the standard of food did not meet the price. I could not disagree more. Maybe it is a case of dining out being expensive in Perth but we found it cheaper to dine at the Sarojin than in many places in Perth. That aside, it was the quality of food, service and ambience that made both restaurants at the Sarojin very memorable. I would have to say, one of the restaurants, the Edge provided the best Thai cuisine I have ever tasted, ANYWHERE! I do not say that lightly either. I would suggest people make a trip to the Sarojin just to experience this wonderful food. We also had a private cooking class with their chef which was brilliant as we learned to make some of his artful dishes.

Overall, our stay at the Sarojin was truly memorable and I would not hesitate to reccomend this hotel

Kylie and Brent

2 Thank Kylie M
London England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

This hotel in terms of service, hospitality, rooms and actual hotel grounds were amazing and fautless, but I am amazed that of all the reviews, everyone seems to be ignoring the elephant in the room, the neighbours!
You exit the hotel through the fabulous designed restaurant on the beach and of this huge white beach that stretches for miles either side, the Sarojin have a very narrow patch hemmed in on one side by 'Kantry Bay' a new hotel which is more like Cell Block H and on the other by a mass of plastic sun loungers and umbrella's where they are bused in from the hotels in Kao Lak for the day on the beach.
We were going to have the private dining on the beach, but when I saw one couple having this and being oggled by the people walking past from Kantry Bay to the bar on the other side, it put romantic right out of it.
The tours were very expensive as was the spa and although I had a very good massage and facial, for those prices I would have expected a beautiful air conditionined room, not basically an outside hut, where I had mosquitos bussing round me.
Therefore, although we had a lovely 4 day stay, for those room rates I don't think I would recommend to friends as there are other comparable hotels with much better settings in Thailand.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank salbags
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sarojin for 6 nights in November, 2011. The staff, accomodation and resort are all excellent. The the food and especially the breakfast arrangements were sublime. A romantic place to relex and unwind.

Room Tip: Pool residences are a must
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple