“Amazing Similan Island Liveaboard Scuba Trip”

Wicked Diving Khao Lak
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wicked Diving is a small dive center located in Khao Lak, Thailand. We service the Simlan Islands, Richelieu Rock and the Suring Islands We are focused on ethical operations and safety while delivering top-notch service. As our primary concern is our environment, we operate in small groups with skilled guides that emphasize reducing our impact on the eco-systems we visit. You can join our Similan liveaboards, guided overnight snorkeling tours, thorough training courses as well as daytrips to the Similan and Surin Islands.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My time aboard the Wicked Diving trip was fastastic! We got to dive 10 times in 3 day in crystal clear waters surrounded by so many fish! The staff was professional, fun and helpful. The crew was so attentive and the food was incredible. I don't know how they cooked such delicious food in such a small kitchen. I would recommend this liveaboard experience to anyone who loves diving and wants to explore some of the best waters in the world!

All reviews
in 19 reviews
"dive deck"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We had never done a liveaboard, and it was as described in their information package and reviews, very well done. The food on board was excellent, the cabins are clean and window big. All the different levels of divers are sorted into small groups and the dive masters were very safety conscious and with a fun attitude. I snorkeled and was the only one. I felt a bit abandoned as the focus of course was on the divers re info and what to expect. I had to chase a staff person down to ask what are my instructions, every time. In retrospect I think the snorkel info (go here, watch for this, this is the sign you need to make so the boat will send the dingy to pick you up) could be included in the briefing. I too paid $ to do the trip. Also a little colored float to drag with one so boats know you are there. My husband dived and really enjoyed his refresher we did the day before with Morgan(who is just a wonderful instructor and person), the Surin Islands, night dive and of coarse the creme -Richelieu Rock! As noted in other reviews, gear, food, a/c cabins, education sessions, all included except for beer or pop. Go with this company if you want a great trip and support one of the 3 programs they have, the orphanage, coral reef rebuilding and education for the local people.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

First time for me to join a liveaboard dive trip. If you aren't familiar this is a dive trip where you live on a boat for the duration of the trip. Wicked Diving had a comfortable boat (3 levels) with airconditioned sleeping rooms, multiple bathrooms and shows. All meals and snacks were provided as a part of trip although soft drinks and beer were separate. Wicked Diving also provided rental equipment if needed and I rented a full set and it was in great condition. Wicked also provides Nitrox (if you are certified) for a small additional fee per tank.

That is the background info and for a review I have to say I had an amazing trip. We left from Khao Lak and headed out into the Andaman Sea. I did a three day trip which was around the Similan Islands. We usually did 4 tanks a day broken up by amazing meals and appropriate breaks.

It was very obvious that Wicked Diving is a trustworthy company. They provided education on the local area and are committed to a sustainable business model including giving back to their area of business. This was evident in the food they provided, the local sourcing of products, helping local businesses and even down to providing PH neutral soaps on the boat to respect the water we were diving in.

If you are looking for a dive experience in the Andaman Sea Wicked Diving will take great care of you. Highly recommended and when I am back in the area I will book another dive trip. Forgot to mention the boats staff and the Dive Masters were all excellent. Knowledgeable. Fun loving but always safety first.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Great dives, attentive dive staff and crew keep me coming back. Seems like when I get close, the urge to dive with Wicked returns. 6 or 7 trips now with them.
Some old faces are gone, replaced by different joyous, excited, friendly faces. There are familiar faces who remember me kindly.
The boat captain’s drop off and pickup process was again impeccable.
Every level of diver was accommodated with care. And if you had any trouble at all, they were even more helpful.
My dive group’s eyes were fabulous and we all had so much fun. Making new friends is sooo cool.
There was a convention of octopi that we attended, how nice of them.
And a safety stop whale shark sighting, and the list goes onnnn.