Review Highlights
South Tour - Most Spectacular!

In February 2018 I took the North Tour with Sea Bees and was most pleasantly surprised and... read more

Reviewed 25 June 2018
romtas
Wilfersdorf, Austria
Great!

We had both 3 days live-aboard and 2 days of daily tours. We preferred the live-aboard although... read more

Reviewed 12 May 2018
Pheonix91
Israel

All reviews boonsung wreck similan islands big ben palm garden resort day trip north tour excellent days shark point dive master experienced divers coral bleaching reef fish fish life spent three days advanced adventurer soft drinks special thanks
Reviewed 11 December 2014

My wife and I went out with Adam (ellen accompanied with another group and added a lot to the tripe). It was our first time ever, we were nervous. Adam was fantastic, very reassuring and gave us confidence throughout our whole dive. We talked at length afterward, we would not have had a good first time dive without Adam's patience and great instruction. Thanks Adam and SeeBees!

1  Thank brett l
Holger S, Inhaber at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2015

Dear Brett,
Thank you very much for your warm words. We are very pleased you and your wife had such an enjoyable time. We will let Adam know how fantastic he was and how much he and Ellen helped to makes this such a positive experience for you. We all hope that we will be able to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2014

Looking at the other reviews we may have had an off day of this company. Our experience was:

- we were sold bye company on their 2h trip each way being 'faster than most boats, which took 3h'. It turns out the sea bees boat was the slowest on the water, with the other c. 20 boats doing the journey in about 1h15m.

- food was good and the Thai staff were very helpful and friendly

- our dive leader was pretty disinterested

- there was no variety of masks or any extra masks on board at all. My girlfriends didn't fit at all, so either leaked constantly or had to be cinched on so tight it was painful. Every other company we've dived with has had lots of extras and variety.

- before we booked in the morning we were told vis was 20-25m but it was 10-15m at best. Could have changed, but you suspect you are being told what you want to hear before booking

- felt like a stack em high operation far more focused on making money than guest enjoyment

- safety and organisation seemed good

Holger S, Owner at Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2015

Dear Jon W,

Thank you for choosing our dive centre to dive with in Khao Lak and for making the effort to share your feedback with other travelers on this website.

I am deeply saddened we could not fully meet your expectations on this occasion though we provided you with all services explained to you and a family member of yours prior to your reservation.

Our dive staff on the boat allowed your girlfriend to choose her mask from a range of 5 different models, this is more variety than many retailers stock. Our rental gear has been chosen carefully to fit most bodies and faces of our divers; however, there will always be cases where customised or individual equipment will be needed.

I am also very much surprised reading this kind of review now as you had the possibility to express your feelings at least twice in Khao Lak. Once on the boat when you were asked if you had enjoyed the day out with us and twice at our office, where you were again asked if you have been satisfied with the services provided. On both occasions, you did not mention any issues.

We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our dive centre and on our boat in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2014

The Pros: My husband and I booked our dive with Sea Bees based on good reviews and the speed boat. However, we came to learn the night before that the speed boat was undergoing maintenance. We were later told by the staff that the speed boat did not provide bathrooms nor lunch (I found this hard to believe so perhaps we misunderstood). The slower catamaran boat was great as it included showers, indoor and outdoor seating area, and a cooked meal and breakfast. The ride each way was approximately 3 hours.

Our disappointment came with the actual dive itself. We dove island 8 which turned out to be more beautiful above water than below water. We saw very few fish but a lot of rocks... Our dive master was less than impressive and not engaging at all with us. He didn't point out fish or indicate what they were after the dive. He showed little interest in us actually enjoying ourselves.

Sadly, when the dive was over, nobody talked about what they saw or the great experience they (must not have) had. Perhaps Island 8 is a dud and there are better? My recommendation would be to research which islands are best for diving and inquire which islands you would be going to (they change each day) and what is typically seen in the environment.

Dear Travel Bug,

Thank you for making our dive centre your preferred partner for Scuba Diving in Khao Lak and for spending time to share your feedback with other travelers on this website.

I am deeply saddened to read of the inconvenience you experienced with regards to the slower boat. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

However, Sea Bees Diving Khao Lak does not operate with any speedboat at all. For day trips to the Similans, we usually use a fast travelling Catamaran (which had a mechanical issue) and if necessary, as a substitute, a slower day cruiser. On both vessels, we serve freshly cooked meals, provide freshwater showers and spacious areas to relax.

Because of the picturesque landscape and protected bay, Similan Island #8 is a preferred destination for sun seekers, snorkelers and especially also divers with less experience.

In respect of your dive guide, I have followed up immediately, to ensure these service delivery issues will not reoccur.

I understand clearly the frustrations and doubts that you might have and would like to assure you that your experience has not gone unnoticed.

Once again thank you for providing us with your feedback, this is very much appreciated.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to our dive centre in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2014

Having never dived before I thought it a good idea to have a try out before booking a whole day! J W Marriott in Khao Lak has a Sea Bees shop and you can do a taster in the pool. Laars, the instructor, was great! He was extremely patient with me, having never done this before and being a little scared. He took it slowly, explained things really well and totally put me at ease. So much so that my boyfriend and I then booked a beginners day course!

The beginners introductory diving course was just superb. Sea Bees arrange for you to be picked up in the morning, where you're driven to the harbour and introduced to your diving instructor. We had Jackie who was fabulous! She showed us around the boat, which was really organised with all our equipment laid out ready, I was really impressed with how organised the whole day was. We were then given breakfast which was great and cooked by the Thai cooks on board. After breakfast....and a nap, Jackie took us downstairs to talk us through the equipment, what we will do and everything was step by step and repeated several times so it sunk in. She also talked us through the first island we would dive around which definitely put me at ease given this was my first time in open water. Jackie also spent time with us on the boat just generally chatting and I really enjoyed hearing all about her diving experiences and general travelling!

For our first dive, we waited for all the experienced divers to get ready before we did. Whilst we were getting ready, Jackie was there by our side helping us. We dropped off the other divers before moving to a shallower area for us to go in. I forgot to say, it was just my boyfriend and I, so it was 1 instructor to 2 people which I think is brilliant. During our first dive I got a little panicky with my breathing and Jackie was incredibly patient, helped me calm down and get my breathing right. She held on to me the whole way and I felt completely safe she was my instructor. My boyfriend was fine and totally at ease, so most of Jackie's time was spent with me- but she never got irritated with me and made the experience really enjoyable, when it could have been really scary.

After our first dive, we were then served lunch which again was great food. All soft drinks and water wee also included in the day. Our second dive was much better as I grew with confidence, but Jackie never let go and could sense that I didn't want her to!

After both dives are done, you all sit around talking about what creatures you saw and you can buy beers to round off the day.

I couldn't speak any more highly of Jackie who was just brilliant, plus the whole organisation of the day was second to none. Sea Bees is a great professional service, and now I've caught the diving bug I'm sure I'll be going with them again if I'm back in Khao Lak/Phuket.....sorry Jackie!! :-)

Reviewed 11 November 2014

This is a supplement to the review I have written for Sea Bees in Chalong but feel that Sea Bees in Khao Lak deserves its own short review too. In short, excellent, excellent, excellent! Particularly Bobby, Shaun and Cator. Thanks guys and hope to see you soon in February or March. If you get the chance to dive from Khao All, please go with Sea Bees and stay at the Palm Garden Resort, the food was great, the rooms what I would expect and the welcome more than I expected. Bring on Genesis Part 2.