“Lovely food”

Price range: USD 3 - USD 15
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Ao Thong Bungalows and Restaurant is the best place in Khao Lak for delicious fresh Seafood. Sit in the shade of the Palm trees, right next to the beach, for a succulent Seafood Platter. Or take a look at the extensive traditional Thai menu to experience all the different flavour Thailand has to offer. Come in the midday heat to enjoy the cool ocean breeze at the beachside bar. Or visit for a romantic sunset dinner on one of Khao Lak's finest white sand beaches.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have just had a lovely lunch at this beautiful beach side restaurant overlooking white sands beach , the food and service were great and the location is lush.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I want to start by saying I believe the staff are doing the best they can do. The restaurant setting is beautiful as it is right on the White Sands Beach.

Our first night at the beach my husband and I decided to eat here.

It felt a tad bit uncomfortable as one of the workers (maybe the manager) was standing in one spot about 6 feet away for most of dining experience. As people passed by on the beach, the staff would try to persuade them to come and eat. I soon realized this was why he was standing where he was. Over the course of our vacation (10 days) I noticed Ao Thong Restaurant to be the only place where the staff tried to "rein in" the people off the beach and order food. For us this was a total turnoff.

I was excited to try some prawns. I ordered 2. I believe the price was 180baht per 100grams. I had a difficult time cutting the shrimp meat into a bite sized piece. The meat was very chewy and not tender. I was disappointed. My husband ordered Pad Thai with chicken. Thai food in the south is more spicy than in the north of Thailand. We've been living in northern Thailand for 1 1/2 years. I tasted the Pad Thai. Both of us agreed that it tasted very bland and no flavor. It does not compare to the non spicy version of Pad Thai in the north.

The workers were not Thai but Burmese. We believe this is an indicator as to why the food tastes so different to authentic Thai food. Again, I believe they are doing the best they can with what they know about how Thai food is made. But unfortunately I can not recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

A beachside restaurant next to The Sarojin, Ao Thong offers a cheaper alternative to food in the hotel. While it's a good spot to enjoy a beer and watch the sunset, the food is mixed. While the tempura was excellent - light crispy batter and large portions - the Thai fish curry was rather bland with lots of bones so we didn't feel tempted to return.

1  Thank Lazzagear
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Visited during family holiday, ordered mixture of adult Asian food and children Western food. All plates were good and well presented. Highly recommended

1  Thank Lee_B_uk
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Its in a great location and perfect to watch the sunset but it was a bit hectic to say the least, we ordered 2 gin and tonics and after 10 mins nothing came so we asked again and they brought 2 empty glasses and 1 can of tonic, we asked for the gin which came in 1 glass but no ice!! so we ended up going to the bar ourselves for some ice and another glass of gin...we laughed about it though but be prepared for a bit of chaos.