Review Highlights
The best safari

It was very amazing! It was our first time on Safari and thanks to our guide we saw all big 5! And... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Dana K
3 day two night Safari

We had a great experience with Wanyama safari. Shabani was very accommodating and assisted us... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Kirsten B
via mobile

All reviews african safari great guide day trip amazing experience stress free next morning tour guide lake manyara great fun a lot of fun hakuna matata first night one night arusha national park samuel campsite director
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We had a 2days safari to Ngorongoro & Tarangire and it was great! The tour guide tried to find as many animals as possible and told us a lot about the culture and wildlife. The owner was also kind and caring.

1  Thank Nagata M
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Me and my 3 friends, we booked safari for two days to Tarangire and Ngorogoro. It was so amazing!! Our driver/guide Richard was very experienced, clever and funny guy at the same time. He tried to do his best and we saw so many animals very close. We stayed in lodge close to Moskito river and it was also incredible.
We can truly recommend this company, everything was on time, everybody was obliging and friendly.
Sending Hello from Czech republic (Aneta, Eva, Veronika, Hana)!!!

1  Thank Aneta Š
Reviewed 25 February 2018

We booked a four day Safari to lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorogoro national park and it was amazing. The driver/guide Abdul was very experienced and told us a lot about nature and culture there. We saw an incredible amount of animals of all kinds, including the big five and also the landscape was amazing. I had high expectations on this safari and can honestly say that they were met to my full satisfaction. It is really touching to see all these beautiful creatures up close in nature. In Serengeti a hyena passed just 10m away from our tents in the evening and at Ngorogoro when I went to the toilet at night I walked 10m away from a bunch of zebras. The meals provided by our cook Eric were very good, though not everybody was entirely happy with the lunch boxes, but as far as I could see they are more less the same with every company. The first night we spent in a lodge above lake Manyara the second night in Serengeti at a public camp site and the last night on the Ngorogoro rim at public camp site. Although most animals can be watched with bare eyes it is really essential to have good binoculars. Make sure before you leave that this is the case! Everybody from the company was extremely friendly and helpful!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Shabani The founder and operator of this firm is one among the hardworking and professional guides in Tanzania . First a Safari Guide and now a Director. He works good and helps Traveller Know Tanzania. He Is Honest , Caring and Gives alot to Charities. He Shares he profit to help Orphanage.with him clients have much to get and learn about Africa.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

I, with 2 others people from the hostel I was staying at, Nyumbani House, went on a day safari to Arusha National Park. ( the hostel, Nyumbai house, uses this company so we went with it )
A guide can make or sour your experience of a game drive. Discussing and pointing out what you are looking at not only educates you but enhances the experience as well. This was the worst guide I have ever had. No explanation of what we were looking at or the difference between the two types of giraffes, types of zebra, he did not even point out Mt. Kilimanjaro in the background!
This was the first time to Africa for the 2 people I was travelling with. However I have been to all the parks over a 15 year span, and what kept me coming back was the basis of having an excellent guide with enthusiasm and interest in his job. In fact one of the two people I was with spotted and pointed out more wildlife than the guide did from this company! We had to ask him to stop and explain what we looking at. He spoke so softly we had to ask to repeat himself.
In one observation, we stopped for several minutes and when we were going to ask a question, the guide appeared as though he was sleeping.

I did, as the others, express our dismay with the guide, apparently she was aware of this as a past complaint and still used this company.

I would highly recommend going with Quest Horizon Safari company based in Arusha, they are 5 star rated.
We spend a lot of money for these game drives, be sure you go with the best. Ask for Kisali, he's the best guide I've ever had on any game drive.
Be sure you do your homework regardless of who recommended the tour company.