“"When one door closes, another one opens"”

Wanyama African Safari
Ranked #89 of 513 Tours in Arusha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer Wildlife safaris, Bird Watching Safaris, Mountain Hiking, Chimpanzee trekking, Cultural Tours and Guided Nature walks in Tanzania
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018

There is a saying in Germany "When one door closes, another one opens.".
I had 4 Safaris/Tours with Wanyama African Safari (Arusha):
3-days Arusha National Park with Mt. Meru ascent (booked by accident 1 day befor the start in Arusha).
Guide Peter was very helpfull, so that we have been on the peak before sunrise
(my age 65 and no expirience in climbing).

5-Days Safari in a small group: Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorogoro and Lake Manyara.
Driver and Guide Richard is perfect in every way.
And Gideone the cook can do magic.

1 Day car- and hiking-tour in a real Massai village without tourist poppycock,
but simple original hospitality and a lot of warmth.
Thanks especially to Massai-Warrior Guide David.

Day trip to the Hotsprings near Moshi and transfer to the Kilimanjaro-Airport.
Driver Anthony inspired me with his extensive knowledge.
These 4 safaris/tours were not only perfectly prepared by Shabani, but also performed perfectly by his so helpfull und friendly team.
I came as a stranger - and when I left, I had gained many friends.
So I feel obliged from the heart, to recommend Wanyama African Safari.

I forgot the headline "When one door closes, another one opens":
For a 7-day safari, I researched the internet for a long time and finally decided on a european travel company, working with a local travel agency.
Although one day before the planned pickup in a hotel in Arusha, on the phone everything seemed clear, but I was not picked up next morning.
Contact with european and local travel company not possible.
From the tourist office and the tourist police, I learned this morning, that the local travel agency was not registered and some other things more.
After having very good experiences with Wanyama African Safari at Mt. Meru ascent, I called Shabani that morning and around noon my "replacement" safaris/tours were organized.
For the last 2 nights, Chef Shabani took me to a hotel, that cost only US$ 20 for breakfast (price for 1 guest in a single room), saving me US$ 160 (compared with the price to a planned equivalent hotel).
Frank from Germany

"samwel"
"sim"
"expirience"

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We had a 2days safari to Ngorongoro & Tarangire and it was great! The tour guide tried to find as many animals as possible and told us a lot about the culture and wildlife. The owner was also kind and caring.

1  Thank Nagata M
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Me and my 3 friends, we booked safari for two days to Tarangire and Ngorogoro. It was so amazing!! Our driver/guide Richard was very experienced, clever and funny guy at the same time. He tried to do his best and we saw so many animals very close. We stayed in lodge close to Moskito river and it was also incredible.
We can truly recommend this company, everything was on time, everybody was obliging and friendly.
Sending Hello from Czech republic (Aneta, Eva, Veronika, Hana)!!!

1  Thank Aneta Š
Reviewed 25 February 2018

We booked a four day Safari to lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorogoro national park and it was amazing. The driver/guide Abdul was very experienced and told us a lot about nature and culture there. We saw an incredible amount of animals of all kinds, including the big five and also the landscape was amazing. I had high expectations on this safari and can honestly say that they were met to my full satisfaction. It is really touching to see all these beautiful creatures up close in nature. In Serengeti a hyena passed just 10m away from our tents in the evening and at Ngorogoro when I went to the toilet at night I walked 10m away from a bunch of zebras. The meals provided by our cook Eric were very good, though not everybody was entirely happy with the lunch boxes, but as far as I could see they are more less the same with every company. The first night we spent in a lodge above lake Manyara the second night in Serengeti at a public camp site and the last night on the Ngorogoro rim at public camp site. Although most animals can be watched with bare eyes it is really essential to have good binoculars. Make sure before you leave that this is the case! Everybody from the company was extremely friendly and helpful!