pros: the hotel is indeed on the beach, the shower power was good, the big pool, the breakfast was good, the staff is friendly and willing
1. we arrived from London after an 11 hour flight, we only spent one night there on Saturday - The very night where they decided to throw a massive hawaian party (cause that's why people go to Sri Lanka for). The whole staff was busy preparing the event (200ppl or so they said). We were on the south side of the hotel by the small pool, the corridors were super busy with people, glasses, cuttlery etc, it was extremely messy and really not professional, we felt we were on the back of their kitchen but this was just the corridor leading to our room. BUT THE WORST was: live orchestra until 1am - impossible to sleep whatsover on our first and only night there. We would have NEVER booked that hotel if we had known it would be noisy and impossible to sleep at. Do they do that every saturday? who knows? But it's unacceptable they didnt warn us.
2. we told to the lady who welcomed us it was our honeymoon, they couldnt care less
3. there a MASSIVE COCKROACH next to the sink. My husband caught it under a glass. When someone came, we showed him the cockroach and he just smiled as if it was nothing, took the glass and released the cockroach in the garden just in front of our room. He didnt apologise or expressed any sort of shock or embarassment. Maybe it's normal then but you could pretend you care. Needless to say this is absolutely disgusting. I took a pic but cant be bothered to upload it as it's truly disgusting.
4. on the following day, as we checked out, after the short night due to loud music and the big event. again the corridor from our room to the lobby was full of stuff: plate, glasses, staff - everywhere - you could not walk through easily. It was messy and slippery. I actually slipped indeed, and got a massive bruise from it.
5. THE BOOKING.com price doesnt include the 29% tax. so whatever you think you're going to pay, you pay a third more! for $160 a night in Sri lanka, this was the worst value and experience ever.
Dont go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the beach at your doorstep, Jetwing Sea offers an idyllic coastal retreat along the soft golden sands of Negombo and makes for an enchanting holiday home where one can work, play and fall in love. Enjoy exotic seafood, plan a sunset wedding or unwind at the rooftop spa, serenaded by the sounds of the Indian Ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Jetwing Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Sea Hotel Negombo
- Sea Shells Negombo
- Negombo Sea Shells Hotel