1,769 results
All reviews deluxe room fish restaurant sri lanka our honeymoon beach sellers the ground floor an upgrade fishing boats indian ocean set menu sea view half board a la carte menu main restaurant lovely beach beautiful country curries
Reviewed 1 November 2012

This a fairly average package holiday type hotel. The staff are very friendly, and mostly efficient and helpful. Deluxe rooms are very good. You have to be firm with the beach traders, otherwise they pester.
To celebrate our wedding anniversary, we booked a candlelit dinner for two, which turned out to be a disaster - the table was in the wrong location (we were quite isolated from the main restaurant and placed amongst the buffet serving tables), the starter took 45 minutes to arrive from time of ordering (only following chasing and it was wrong when it arrived). And it went downhill from there. Nice try but need to try harder.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review of Jetwing Sea posted on Trip Advisor.
We are saddened to have let you down, on what should have been a memorable experience. We do not have an excuse for the inadequacies, but would simply like to convey a heartfelt apologies. In the meantime, you may be glad to note that we have attended to all of the shortcomings you mentioned and if given the opportunity we would be delighted to let you experience what we really stand for.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any matter I can be of assistance, and I wish you all the best for your future travel.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We went to the hotel with 1 day's notice, having been in Kandy the previous week - our arrival, after a 4 hour taxi ride, was so welcoming - big smiles, a cold drink of coconut milk and chilled towels, all before being shown to our room - and what a room! We'd booked a deluxe room and it was superb - fantastic views, extra large bed, sumptious bathroom.
Our booking included breakfast and this was an event in itself - I usually started with the local curries, followed by a lovely range of fresh fruits, yoghurts and juice and my husband went for the bacon, egg, sausage etc. - but there was so much more! You just couldn't eat it all, and the staff were so welcoming and helpful.
On the second day my husband slipped in the bathroom and injured his elbow; we asked at reception if we could seek medical advice as an infection appeared to be spreading up his arm. One of the reception staff (Elvis) called the hotel minibus and accompanied us to a Health Centre where my husband was immediately seen by a doctor and prescribed penicillin to halt the infection before returning us to the hotel. Amazing service.
I absolutely adored the swimming pools - water is everything to me on holiday and the infinity pool was amazing - same depth throughout but quite long (and I usually had it to myself!). Guests are asked not to take hotel towels to the pool, but that's ok as large towels are provided at the pool (which is right on the beach).
The sea was a bit tricky - huge undercurrents - I consider myself a strong swimmer, but I admit I was very wary - my husband went in once and that was enough!
What we experienced of evening meals and entertainment were lovely, but not 'in your face' - the cocktail display, however, would challenge Tom Cruise!
The only reasons that I wouldn't give this a 5 rather than 4 are:
1. our first afternoon in the bar we encountered a rather 'alternative' member of staff who had a creative accounting system and an inappropriate approach to guests. To the hotel's credit, he is no longer employed (perhaps then that should have nudged it to '5'?).
2. Houskeeping - whilst every other aspect was excellent (drain blocked - cleared within 15 minutes); reception staff - incredibly welcoming and helpful - housekeeping seemed to lag behind. Items used from the mini bar were not replaced despite being asked for; rooms were not cleaned until late afternoon despite the request tag being put outside 1st thing.
However...would I go back? Oh yes!
We were standing on our balcony and a young couple were getting married just below - what a setting! I couln't resist raising a glass and calling 'Way to go Girl!' (Officer and a Gentleman).
Next time I hope to take advantage of the massages etc up in the spa on the roof.
I hope that anyone who goes enjoys it as much as I did.

Room Tip: A couple who thought that they had booked a 'superior room' were upset as their room wasn't what they expected. We couldn't fault our room and when we compared I could see their point, so make sure you know just what you are booking.

Dear Guest,

WOW!! What a review and we would like to thank you from the very bottom of our hearts for taking the time to give such wonderful feedback regarding your stay at Jetwing Sea on Trip Advisor.

It was a great privilege having the chance to serve you and most of all to know that we have been successful in giving you that memorable experience just as you expected.
How fabulous it is to know that you enjoyed almost every minute from the moment you stepped in to our hotel and that we have exceeded your expectations in service, hospitality and everything else! Thank you again for a most generous review.
We noted the constructive feedback you gave us in areas of the hotel where we could improve upon and I can assure you it will be reviewed with the department concerned.

We believe that first and last impressions are very important, and we are glad that we have been successful in helping you to enjoy that unique Jetwing Sea experience.
We look forward to giving you another unforgettable and unique Jetwing Sea experience on your next visit !

Reviewed 29 October 2012

Just one night stay after a long flight - handy for the airport - & before a tour of SL. A wonderful setting with the best breakfast we had whilst in sri lanka. A beautiful sunset when eating our evening meal next to the beach. Our spacious bedroom overlooked the beach. The staff were friendly & welcoming. Even the beach sellers were pleasant without being too pushy. Would have liked more time to explore the town. Swimming pol a bit basic for us western travellers but it was next to the bar. One comment - it was 'all inclusive' through Kuoni but we weren't allowed to have drinks included in the upstairs lounge [until we chatted up the waiter].

1  Thank peanut1943

Dear Guest,

We were very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Jetwing Sea, and we are grateful for the wonderful review you have written on Trip Advisor following your stay with us. Your lovely comments have been shared with our entire team, and may I say that it pleases them no end to note that you had wonderful time with us.

We trust that you will visit us again at Jetwing Sea if you may happen to visit Sri Lanka and until then, warm regards from all of us.

________________________________________

Reviewed 29 October 2012

I was really impressed with this hotel. While the price is jot the cheapest it is a definite good choice. All rooms haves balcony with see view, 2 pools. The breakfast is really nice with fresh omelets and waffle stations. The seafood restaurant has a nice selection of fresh seafood with amazing taste, service at this restaurant could definitely been improved.

Internet is available everywhere, rooms, pools, restaurant, lobby with a fairly OK speed.

Overall the staff is really friendly and attentive and make the experience really enjoyable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review posted on Trip Advisor.
We were very pleased to readthat you had a great stay with us, and it means a great deal to the entire Jetwing Sea Team. Our greatest endeavor is to provide a personalized service and a never-before-had experience to our guests, and we believe we have been able to achieve this, when reading your review.

We look forward to seeing you again at Jetwing Sea, and to give you another very special and unique Jetwing Sea experience. Meanwhile do not hesitate to contact me for any matter I could be of assistance.

Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Good points

Location! Close to airport , great beach and sea to jump into!

Pools- finally pools deep enough to dive into and there's two!

Solid rooms

Good breakfast buffet

Room for improvement

Food was ok but tried to hard to impress with minimal portions - Unfortunatly very bland but far better than Goldi Sands.

Service was a little slow, certainly for evening food and check out

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the words of praise posted on Trip Advisor following your stay with us. It has been nothing less than a pleasure to have served you. From Housekeeping to Restaurant to front desk and to Chef, each and every member of the Jetwing Sea Team was thrilled.

However, we have noted your constructive feedback on the portion size of certain dishes as well as the speed of service in some specific department of the hotel. Rest assured that your comment will be reviewed with the teams concerned with the aim to improve in the future.

We are already looking forward to the day when you will return back to Jetwing Sea, and when we can once again serve you and take care of your every need. Please do not hesitate contact me for any further assistance you may need in your future travel.