All reviews dutch fort fish market recommend this hotel negombo beach sri lanka property wifi airport start
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is nicely done. The basic building once housed the Dutch fort’s cannons, hence the name. The decor and furnishings are quite nicely done. The food was some of the best we ate during our 8 nights in Sri Lanka.

Unfortunately, the absentee owner (has another
hotel in Japan) is suffering badly from shoddy local management. The promised airport pick-up and city tour never materialized. Nothing is worse then not seeing your name on the signs held by the drivers as you exit after 25 hours in the air. After making our own way to the hotel, the man at the desk tried to blame me for not providing flight information. I pointed to a copy of our e-mail he was holding which did in fact provide our flight information. Being caught out ,he said he was “too busy”. Enough said.

I think the owner of this nice hotel deserves better. Much better.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Good small property around 15 minutes drive from airport. Spacious and well decorated rooms. Big bathroom. The bed decoration was really good. Nice staff. Free pickup from airport. around 11/2 hour free Negombo tour. Close to seashore and reasonable breakfast.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shreenivas
Reviewed 23 January 2018

This hotel offers a free pickup service from the Airport. Staff are friendly and Service was very good. We booked half-pension and they plan the Dinner depending on our Wishes. I recommend this hotel in Negombo

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 628alaeddineb
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Conveniently located near the airport (20 minutes by car). Very nice staff, nice rooms and good service. The cook went out of his way to make the food we liked, including the lokal curries (not too spicy) and the fresh fruits. We can only recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 499nl
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay. This property was exceptional in terms of quality. The staff was very good and friendly. The rooms were clean and cozy. The fish market is near by where we can buy our own fish. The hotel offers the kitchen usage and I really enjoyed trying out my new recipe.

The hotel was kind enough to offer Airport Pick ups and it was hassle free. They also​ had a vehicle which can take the guests on tours around Sri Lanka.

I would recommend the guests to stay at the property as the hotel is just 15 minutes from International Airport and 5 minutes to the beach. What else are you looking for?

Date of stay: February 2017