“Best Tuna in Sri Lanka”

Cuisines: Fusion, Sri Lankan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The staff were super friendly and accomodating. We had a nice table on a small street. I had the octopus salad and it was delicious! But be careful if you don't like spice as it packs quite the punch. My friend ordered the tuna steak and it was soooo delicious. After travelling the entire island we have agreed that the steak at elita's was the best we had. cooked perfectly and spiced delightfully.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were warmly and welcomed and attended to by KC (if I recall accurately). Known for their fish and fresh catch, I was directed to see what I might like to have for lunch. After which with a flourish they created a tasty lunch.

My companions meal of noodles however, wasn't quite up to par and they managed to arrange for a spicy addition that helped improve the flavour.

I found them very accommodating in this respect.

NB. they only accept cash.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

My wife had prawns. Delicious, perfectly prepared, i haven't had a real fresh prawn like these in YEARS. I had the seared tuna steak. Perfectly prepared, delicious sauce. Excellent service, No A/C but sitting on the balcony was nice. Sides were fresh, and delicious complements to a fine meal. Much better, and better value, than the other high end restaurant we chose the night before.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

The food was tasty but the menu is very limited. Don’t order the spicy crab as it is totally impossible to eat and you end up with most of it on your clothes.
Service was friendly but slow and we had to ask several times for anything we wanted such as serviettes, water, bread etc.
They don’t take credit cards and it’s not cheap. It’s written in very small print at the bottom of the menu and we got caught out and my husband had to go back to the hotel to get some cash.
Wasn’t as enthusiastic about this restaurant as other reviewers.

1  Thank multitrippers
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I don't get all the good reviews of this restaurant because for us, it was not only our worst dining experience in Sri Lanka, it rates among one of my worst ever.

1- Food. Unedible clams and a very poor mixed seafood platter (should be a highlight)

2- Service. Very poor, inattentive, forgetful and sloppy. We witnessed 4 tables around us all complaining, either about forgotten items, errors on checks, not serving a couple with their main courses at the same time etc. They even spilled a bottle of water over one guest.

3- Other. They don't take credit cards...cash only, very inconvenient. A poor choice of dinner music was being played so loud you could barely have a conversation with your table companion. If you sit outside, tuk tuks drive right next to your table spewing dirty exhaust into your face.

For us, this place was a huge disappointment given the good reviews here. We suggest to avoid.

1  Thank Seasonedtraveller023