USD 278
USD 178
Deco On 44(Galle)
  • Pool
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe main househibiscus suiteplantation houselotus pondsister hotelstepping stonestree frogscountry lanestuk tukoverlooking rice fieldshuge treesmonkey watchingfelt warmlush junglechilli crabsri lankatreacle
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely stay at this hotel. It was beautiful and peaceful, surrounded by lovely gardens and a very nice pool.

The food was also excellent. In fact we chose to eat dinner here for both nights rather than go into Galle as the menu was so good. The local options were delicious.

My only comment would be is that they are quite hard to get hold of and I would recommend you book direct rather than through a booking site like Ebookers or Booking.com. We originally booked through Ebookers and then read a review about some other people doing this and they arrived to find no room available.

After trying a few times I eventually got through to the hotel to be told that they indeed had no reservation for us.

I had received confirmation from Ebookers so I contacted them. It took quite a while and a number of phone calls to get it sorted out. I even resorted to ringing the owner of the hotel in Germany. Even after being told it was resolved (by Ebookers) and that the room was reserved, I never received an email from the hotel confirming, despite my asking. I was glad I had checked before we came!

Anyway it all ended well and when we arrived we were greeted warmly. The staff are lovely and I would thoroughly recommend it as long as you book direct.

It is one of the nicest places we stayed in Sri Lanka.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights at the end of a ten day trip. It is close to Galle but feels a world away. The house and gardens are just breathtaking. I immediately felt at home and by the end of two days was wandering around in my bare feet leaving my belongings behind me. The staff were so lovely, nothing was too much trouble.
The pool area is beautiful but there’s too much to look at with the flora and fauna to do much sunbathing! It’s a place that manages to create an atmosphere of an interesting house party - we really didn’t want to leave....

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2018

Wow !
we loved this place.
the whole place has so much character, beauty and charm
we loved the open air bathroom - still very private, and safe from big critters dropping in.
our Lotus room was excellent, cool and clean with superb views and monkeys all around.
These are Purple Faced Langurs I believe, and are curious but fairly shy & non-aggressive, they just bounce and play around in the surrounding trees.
All the staff were efficient and friendly.
it was also a pleasure to meet the owners.
we loved the pool & pond area, and observing a whole discovery channel of wildlife in the area.
We were sad to have to leave this wonderful Villa,
we also hope to return one day.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne S
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Having visited the villa last 25+ years ago when it was in our family, this visit was a walk down memory lane. The staff were extremely pleasant and polite, and very indulgent of our reminiscing and wandering around. The gardens are well maintained and the entire place a lovely, peaceful environment for a break from the city. Lunch took a little longer than anticipated but the food was very good.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ZinamonKveen
Reviewed 26 December 2017

An absolutely astounding location and a beautiful villa. We took care of our jet lag with our 2 year-old and the staff were so attentive and wonderful. They took care of our child without asking so we could have our meals in peace. They made a birthday surprise for my husband that he will not forget. Also great monkey watching over breakfast. Breakfast was also superb. Highly recommended, I hope we have a chance to go back.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family