“Absolute perfection in every way”
other travellers have booked this property
Main Living Room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Main Living Room
Outdoor Barbeque area, Paddy house
View From Paddy House Pool
mixed salad for a light dinner
Main bedroom
paddy house kitchen
Kitchen Paddy house.
Outdoor shower
Bedroom 1 - Main House
(all rooms air conditioned with ceilng fans)
Gated front entrance of Villa - Surangana meaning 'Angel' in Sinhala.
Front of Villa
Manoj (Villa Manager) with his new Tuk Tuk
The New treehouse and decking over Tea Plantation
Sri Lankan String Hoppers and Curry dinner
Chef Priyangika, curry night selection
Breakfast fruits
Dinner - seafood, BBQ and salads
Wait Staff Asitha & Kasun
Fresh watermelon juice & Tambili 'Coconut' juice.
Coconut Custard dessert
Freshly caught fish, on the barbeque
House Manager Manoj. ready to BBQ.
Chicken Curry
Front door view from the Paddy House
Monkey friends in our trees
Bedroom 2 - Main House Villa (all rooms have air-con & ceiling fans)
Bedroom 2 - Main house Villa (all rooms have air-con and ceiling fans)
Bathroom 1 - Main Villa
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 77 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Tour70828...
“Absolute perfection in every way”
Reviewed 2 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Firstly a sincere apology for missing the AirBNB review deadline!! However I felt compelled to leave as positive a review as possible for our experience at Villa Surangana this April.

The first thing that hits you is the scale of the place, the pictures look amazing but in all honesty don't really do the place justice nor do they convey exactly how big it is. The staff are wonderful and do everything they can to help. The food is fantastic and varied. We ate mostly local dishes but they were super flexible and would cook anything at request. Manoj baked a cake for one of the children's birthday's which a) was well beyond the call of duty (biut hugely appreciated by everyone and b) was an incredibly good cake!!

I'd honestly have no issues recommending staying here to anyone it's amazing.

Your age range 35-49
2 May 2017
Hey Andy that's so kind of you to do this wonderful review. We are actually back at Surangana ourselves right now and enjoying it immensely so agree with you... even if we are slightly biased! Hopefully you can come back here again one day soon. Cheers Mike
LittleRed...
Bristol, UK
“Paradise Found”
Reviewed 21 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

What a Fabulous villa situated in a wonderful location, nestled in the jungle overlooking redundant paddy fields ….basically everthing the other reviews say & more….
There are so many little things that stand out, the outdoor shower in one of the rooms that we all gave a go, an absolute must !!! the beautiful wall art dotted around, the sunrise gemstone door in the paddy house plus here nature abounds.
Monkeys and chipmunks scurrying around, stunning birds of all colours, just sit quietly by the pool one day and you’ll soon be surrounded by the sounds of the jungle and all manner of wildlife.

The interiors and the veranda has been updated with some new furnishings and the jungle has really grown up around the villa since the photos were taken and even though the photos give you some idea of the villa they really cannot capture the true essence of this very special place.

That said the true treasure of Surangana are the staff, wonderful, warm & friendly people that made our stay so much more than just a holiday.

Manoj the house manager will sort out any of your needs, what you would like for dinner, if anyone needs lunch during the day, any food or drink shopping you need he’ll sort out for you. He will also arrange any form of transport you need from airport transfers, safari trips or tuk tuks at any time to anywhere & although our group used a lot of arranged transport we often took advantage of the local bus stop at the bottom of the drive.

And yet despite our barrage of daily questions, whether it was about the country, customs, places to go, the food, spare adaptors !!! literally anything ….. Manoj would be there to help with a big smile on his face.

As for the food, Priyanka the cook deserves the equivalent of whatever a Michelin star may be in Sri Lanka possibly even 3 ! the food was absolutely INCREDIBLE, freshly prepared every day with the most amazing array of salads, Baked fish, Prawns, Chicken and of course Sri Lankan curries served with a dizzying amount of sambols and side dishes.

Breakfast itself was a sight to behold, massive platters of delicious fresh fruit, Buffalo curd and palm syrup followed by eggs how you like them & toast with marmalades, jam & also interestingly Marmite which is surprisingly popular here, who knew ?

Everything was perfection, Priyanka managed to match everyone’s taste whether it was spicy or mild without ever comprising on flavour. Although Priyanka’s English was not as good as Manoj’s she generously shared a few of her recipes with me that I am eager to try at home although I doubt they’ll compare to Priyanka’s, she should seriously write a cook book and sell it at the villa, I‘d have bought a copy in fact she would have probably sold about 6 to our group alone.

The rest of the team consists of a gardener who keeps the grounds and pools spotless, a night watchman and 2 young lads that assist Manoj and Priyanka in the daily running of the villa and who will appear at the best possible moment to offer tea/ coffee or any other refreshment you require, at dusk they put out the mossie repellent coils and pull to the nets on the bed and close all the shutters before setting up and seving dinner.

At Surangana your every need is met with a smile and a rare genuineness, a truly magical place with absolutely fabulous staff, Thank you all so, so much for a holiday of a lifetime. Mike, thank you for the amazing place that is Surangana and thanks to Ruby who was an absolutely gem in helping us prior to our arrival.

Your age range 50-64
27 Mar 2017
Danielle that is one hell of a detailed and complimentary review! I'm knocked out that you've taken the time to do such a great review and even happier that you enjoyed your stay at Surangana. You and your friends are welcome back anytime. Thank you so much. (Mr) Mike
Amy B
“Holiday of a Lifetim”
Reviewed 3 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

This holiday was a year in the planning, working and saving hard!!!! I would do it all again in a heartbeat! This is by far the most beautiful place we have ever stayed! We had a lot of "pinch me" moments.... Are we really here swimming in this pool looking out onto the jungle?!!!!!!!! We were a party of 9 all family with 3 children. Manoj and the team at Surangana are outstanding. The food at the villa is some of the best food we have eaten anywhere in the world and the children were catered for too as some wanted plain food!! They missed out I can tell you! The villa is too ridiculous for words the pictures do not do it justice!!! I am reluctant to write e review which will undoubtedly encourage people to visit the most magical place as I want to keep it for myself!!!!!!!!!!!! Which of course the s totally impossible! Mike and Ruby were fantastic from the off communication excellent. My daughter said to me last night " Mum it doesn't feel like we should be home, it feels like we should be there" ... How right she is. I very much hope that we are fortunate enough to return to Suranganacone day. Until then I will continue to miss the place the people and the country every day. I have def left a piece of my heart there......

Your age range 35-49
4 Jan 2017
Amy this is such a lovely review and I really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We are always so thrilled when any guest appreciates the time and effort that has gone into making Surangana our personal family retreat and refuge . The staff loved having you there and said you were a pleasure to take care of. I'm sorry about any confusion on the transfers from airport, as you know both myself and Ruby were travelling and just didn't get your messages. I'm glad it didn't spoil your holiday and you and your friends are welcome back anytime. Thx Mike
Jossaloss
Sydney, Australia
“Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 for a stay in September 2016

The staff really made my family's week here special. From Manoj arranging transport to and from the airport and around town. The breakfasts and amazing Sri Lankan curry dinners made for us by the chef at the villa meant we often stayed in. The place was kept clean and tidy without any fuss by the staff. The villa has three bedrooms in the main house, each with their own bathroom, and there is a guesthouse next to one of the pools. The surroundings are tranquil, and you can watch the monkeys swinging from the trees, but they do keep their distance! Before we arrived, we were concerned about the mosquitos but we didn't encounter many, and there is netting on the beds anyway.

15 Nov 2016
Thank you for your review! I am glad you had a great time! We look forward to seeing you back in Sri Lanka on your next trip!
Hayley P
“Perfect getaway! ”
Reviewed 15 November 2016 for a stay in September 2016

I was lucky enough to stay at Surangana Villa on a family holiday for 5 nights and I wish I could've stayed for longer!
The villa is perfectly positioned so you feel like you are in a secluded resort, while still being only a short tuk-tuk ride to the beautiful beaches and local bars.
It was always fun waking up in the morning with my coffee and seeing what the monkeys or chipmunks were up to. The house dogs, Frank & Cloudy, were always such lovely company as well.
But what really made it for me was Manoj and the team. They made it feel so homely yet so luxurious at the same time. Their friendly nature and hospitality made it hard to leave when it was time to go home.
I can't wait to plan my next trip back - I definitely want to stay again!!

15 Nov 2016
Hi Hayley,
thank you for your review!
We are so glad you had a fantastic stay and hope to see you again soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing