“The best hotel in Jeju”
Review of Hyatt Regency Jeju

Hyatt Regency Jeju
Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels in Seogwipo
Reviewed 20 August 2012

It is the best hotel in Jeju island. My daughter and me stayed in neighboring ocean view rooms at the Regency Club floor eight nights. Magic view on the ocean from our balconies and pleasant ocean breeze gifted a good mood and allowed to relax out of dependence of weather conditions. Hotel staff is very kind and skilled. All our wishes and requirements were fulfilled immediately. We spent lot of time in the outdoor pool. Swimming in evening hours (from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.) was accompanied by nice music. Free Wi-Fi was available in any place of the hotel. There are several very good Korean style restaurants near the hotel. I am going to come to the Hyatt Regency Jeju hotel again during the next vocation.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms at the Regency Club floors (9th, 10th, 11th) are preferable.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2012 via mobile

I arrived late in the evening at the hotel (I used the #600 airport limousine bus about $3 to Hyatt) and i was greeted by friendly staff. I booked a Korean style room but i think they thought i would be uncomfortable and moved me to a club room (i probably would have been uncomfortable to be honest).

The hotel is located in the Jungmun Beach Resort complex where a lot of the tourist museums are located. The hotel is walking distance, but be warned, it's uphill! There are a number of restaurants here too, but i just ate at the hotel.

The staff at the hotel speak English well, but most taxi drivers and shop keepers know minimal English. So get some phrases handy.

It's also next to the west end of Jungmun Beach and is ocean front so you're never too far away from a good view.

There's free wifi in the rooms and around the grounds.

Would definitely return to this hotel if i ever go to Jeju again!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Ailzypie
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Had been staying at this particular Hyatt Regency for many years. If you've been to S. Korea's Jeju island, it's like a Hawaii of Korea. During the summer months, particularly late July/early Aug is when it's the busiest/peak season. We stayed there July 26th through the 31st and it was crowded. I'm a diamond Passport holder and I couldn't get an upgrade. No big deal since I knew the place was booked solid. Check in was a breeze. Because of my GP status, they took me and my family directly up to the room to do the check in. The hotel has gone through a refurb so the the rooms are nicer than in the past.

Now on to the specifics, There are two sections of the hotel, the main and then off to the side the lower floors. The main entrance is considered to be the 4th floor. The lower floors are on the other side of the hotel and is pool/ocean facing. Can't comment too much on these floors because I've stained on the main higher floors. If you do end up staying on the higher floors, be forewarned that because it is an older hotel, the higher floors do have some drainage problems. The first room we stayed in was on the 11th floor and after showering, we were standing in about 2 inches of water. They were prompt in trying to fix it, but it is probably due to the old plumbing. They switched rooms for us on the same floor. This time, probably about 1 inch of standing water.

Not much to do on the main grounds. Pool is fairly nice. One small kiddie pool and the main pool is fairly large and has a nice poolside bar. Being from the States, kids wanted to stay in the pool the whole day, which we did and had a pleasant time. One thing to know about Jeju during the summer is that it can get quite hot and humid. Many visitors with families usually go to places that are air conditioned during the day and will head out to the pool during the late afternoon.

A lot to do on the island. Many themed museums. Some are cheesy. Be forewarned.

Overall, happy with this hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: Try and request an ocean view room. Just magnificent b/c you get your own private balcony. During th...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sm5486
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We stayed almost a week here while at a conference. The hotel, grounds, and rooms are beautiful, and most seem to have an ocean view and a balcony. The staff was very willing and service was excellent, although only the concierge and desk staff seemed to have good English. The breakfast buffet although a bit expensive was excellent, with a huge assortment of Western, Korean, Japanese food. We had lower level rooms on the back which avoided the problem of noise in the lobby in the evenings, but I heard other people complain about that. The pool and beach facilities seem excellent, although since we had rainy weather, I don't know first hand.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor back to avoid noise. Lower on back has an obscured view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 July 2012

The Hyatt Regency Jeju is a beautiful hotel, in a wonderful position and the service in the hotel couldn't have been better, we did however have a minor problem with the room reservation. I booked the hotel on-line, on the Hyatt web site in January. When it came to choosing the type of room we selected a sea view (I think it was called a deluxe sea view) and a non traditional korean type room. I gave my credit card details but the room wasn't to be charged until the end of the stay. About five days before we were due to arrive on Jeju Island (we were touring Korea and didn't have great access to the internet) we received an e-mail from Hyatt with the details of our reservation and they said that the room they had available was a traditional korean room with low bed, etc. and could I please confirm the reservation or choose to cancel. We decided to ignore the message and talk to the hotel directly. When we arrived I showed them my e-mail print-outs from January with all the room details, at first they seemed to insist that the traditional room was the only one available, I pointed out that they should have told me months ago and not five days before. In the end the receptionist went off to talk to someone and came back saying everything was sorted and we had a western style room with a sea view. We did notice that the hotel was very full as there was a huge congress taking place so I expect they did have problems in accommodating international guests in traditional rooms.
The room was on one of the top floors and looked right over the beach and sea. There was a large balcony with chairs. The room was pleasant with all the usual korean technology, great TV., toilet with bidet system, safe, tea/coffee, a very interesting minibar, and all the usual amenities in the bathroom. The room was always perfectly cleaned with high class linens and towels.
We had breakfast included in our room rate, which was a buffet in the Terrace Restaurant, it was exquisite, loads of choice, a smiling chef cooking the eggs to perfection, wonderful service, loads of coffee, the restaurant had huge windows looking out to sea, lots of light and a wonderful holiday feel to it. We had dinner in the hotel on two out of three nights. The food was the best we had eaten on our tour of Korea, we chose the set asian menus, The Signature Set and the Seasonal Menu. They were equally as delicious, lots of dishes and a glass of wine included. Again the service was perfect. We couldn't fault anything.
When we arrived at the hotel we asked about booking excursions around the island. There was only one trip available for the days we wanted, which we booked and the concierge suggested we do a Taxi Tour. Basically we chose a route with his help, he wrote it in Korean, with the price and departure time. He even asked us if we would like to pay for the driver's lunch. On the day, the concierge presented us and the note to the taxi driver. We had a wonderful day, a lovely driver and a huge smile when we paid for lunch. We went all down the East Coast of the island and took some stunning photos. The driver's English wasn't great but with a few signs and minimal English we got by.
The hotel is in a lovely position, you can go down to the beach (lots of steps but well-worth it), you can walk up the road and there are a few shops and restaurants, there are also lovely gardens. We went to the indoor pool one afternoon and used the sauna and jacuzzi. The pool looks out over the sea and so do the hot tubs/jacuzzis. It was a lovely experience and everything was very well maintained. Lots of towels, toiletries, dryers, etc. All in all perfect.
The reception area of the hotel is particularly beautiful, there is a Koi pond and lots of seating, we managed to use free wi-fi there too. The hotel is atrium style with lots of light, panoramic lifts, and neutral furnishings. It is very calm and relaxing.
There are plenty of taxis outside the hotel and there is a bus service to and from the airport (the stop is just outside the door.
I would certainly go back to this hotel, the service and hospitality were exceptional and our stay was one of the best parts of our korean tour.

Room Tip: I think it is worth paying for a sea view and the higher floors and south-east facing rooms have the...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grankan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seogwipo
0.6 km away
27.8 km away
Maison Glad Jeju
Maison Glad Jeju
#1 of 157 in Jeju

Been to Hyatt Regency Jeju? Share your experiences!