“Easy but long route before check point”

Hallasan National Park
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 69.00*
and up
Jeju Island in One Day by Bus with Lunch
Ranked #1 of 169 things to do in Jeju
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Its very important to choose the suitable route, as there are different route to go to the top. I didn't notice and chose a long route, and so not enough time to pass the check point at designated time and not allowed to go to the top. Better get there earlier. The trail is easy to walk. Better bring suitable gear such as stick to prevent slippery ice surface on top of the mountain.

2  Thank nwl63
"highest peak"
in 7 reviews
"worth the climb"

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We selected yeongsil trail since we rarely hike in own country and it is recommended for beginner. We started our hike at 9:30am and it took us 3 hours to reach the shelter while 2 hours to come down. We used back same route to come down since we drove there. The cup noodle shop was closed when we reached the shelter, grateful we brought some biscuit and roti else we will starving after long hike hours. We didn’t expect still having ice on mountain since it is turning spring. This get bit challenging especially to me as my shoes a bit tough to walk on the ice. But luckily a korean lady offered her stick to me and hold my hand to cross the ice path. It really make a different with the stick support. It is really recommended to get prepare self well with good hiking shoes, enough water and food.

3  Thank v_Ivy_Tan_v
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Just did the hike on 30 March.

Trail: seongpanak up and gwaneumsa down. Goes to summit.
(highly recommend to do this trail Cos going up by gweumusa is really steep though the view is nicer for gweumusa)

Time taken: 4.5hrs up and 4hrs down (please go early and check the time that you need the reach the shelter and summit by. Think should be by 1230 reach shelter and by 2 to leave summit)

Weather: good. Cold in the morning but as you hike, you will perspire and definitely need minimum sweaters. I was only wearing teeshirt and windbreaker. In the end only tee-shirt cos it's getting warmer and you climb and when the sun is out.

Need crampons? Yes!!! It helped alot especially at the icy areas both going up and down. Not too sure where you can buy it but I managed to rent it from my hostel. Though I did see people without it, and they did just fine. I was wearing track shoes kind. So crampons helped alot!

How to get there: I went there from Jeju city and took bus 281 from bus terminal to seongpanak bus stop. Coming back from gwaneumsa trail: took bus 475 back to jeju national university and change bus 360 to Jeju city. Please check with bus driver or use kakao map/bus to help as Google Map doesn't seem to help much with he routes. Bus 475 have some timings going back. You can always find out from the visitors center at the gweumusa base. It is situated at the left side as you make your way down passing through the car park.

Shelters and food: not sure if I did miss it.. But I didn't see any food vendors, drinks stall as I hiked up and down. So I was really thirsty as the end of the trail. There's a small restaurant and a convenience store at gwaneumsa trail end. So please bring ALOT of water like at least 1.5L. Bring along food to eat up there and also plastic bag to put your trash and there are no rubbish bins around.

3  Thank funkonomicx
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We visit this place on February which is in the winter season, the place was tremendously beautiful. It is covered by the snow and I like it. The best place to take a good photos. Highly recommended and surely will visit this place again in the future.

1  Thank sasha a