“My worst stay ever period”

Quality Inn Central
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 28 September 2011

The in room phone did not work, no cell signal if there was a fire I could not reach the front desk, nor use my cellphone. The toilet backed up on to the floor and the smell of feces was throughout the room, mildew on the windowsills. Never again.

Room Tip: View the room first, if you have a cellphone make sure you get a signal or the in-room phone works...
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jimmy M
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Central

Reviewed 29 August 2011

We were looking for a good value at a nice affordable hotel but not some run down motel. The Quality Inn surpassed my expectations. All the mattresses were new, the sheets were clean, and the service was great. There was a large flat-screen TV in the room and over 70 channels to chose from. The free breakfast in the morning was very nice, much more than coffee and donuts. If we are staying in the area again, I'll be sure to look this one up again.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

Stopped on way to Boston from Toronto. Everything was a expected.

1  Thank rocky190
Reviewed 12 August 2011

On the web its a clean & renovated hotel. However that’s not the case,the foyer is outdated & grimy.The clerk was friendly & checked us in promptly.I was shocked with the King room it hadn’t been updated in 20 yrs with the exception of the bedspread & the tv, there is barely enough room to walk around the bed. I checked the bed & there was hair in my sheets.I went to the desk & changed our room,there was hair again,I was told its from housekeeping,that shouldn’t happen.The next night I wanted an extra towel I was told to come get it,while there a man fell on the wet floor,it was raining,I was thankful it wasn’t me.The third day we were headed out & had to maneuver the hallway each morning with all of the housekeeping equipment & my husband tore his new Polo shirt on the metal fire extinguisher box that was in disrepair. If this was my first time at a Choice Hotel I would never stay again.

Room Tip: the doubles seemed to be renovated
1  Thank tristen u
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My wife is confined to a wheelchair. We came to Albany for medical treatment for her. This hotel was great for wheelchair access. The room was large and very compfortable. The breakfast rivals those at much larger name hotels. The pool was very nice. A great value that we will take advantage of again when we go back to Albany in August.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bubber8
Travellers also viewed these Albany hotels
2.9 km away
3.8 km away
Extended Stay America - Albany - SUNY
3.1 km away
Best Western Albany Airport Inn

Been to Quality Inn Central? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Central

Address: 1632 Central Ave, Albany, NY 12205-2450
Region: United States > New York > Albany
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #28 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Price Range: $100 - $153 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Central 2.5*
Brand New Rooms Fall 2012. Complementary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet featuring create your own waffles, eggs, sausage or bacon. Less than 5 minutes to Wolf Road Albany. Indoor heated pool, Jacuzzi & Fitness center . All rooms have microwaves, refrigerators, flat screens TV’s, coffee makers, hair dryers and iron/ boards. Located in the heart of Albany NY's shopping, entertainment and restaurant district. Delmonico's, Smokey Bones, Cheesecake Factory, P.F Changs, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Macaroni Grill all minutes away! Complimentary Airport Shuttle to Albany International Airport. Conveniently located off of Interstate 87 & 90. Why pay more, we have it all!!! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Wotif.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn Central Hotel Albany