“Dinner- 5 Stars, But Horrible Breakfast ”
Review of Wellington's

Wellington's
Reserve with OpenTable
Wellington's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 700 Restaurants in Albany
Description: Wellington's, located in the Renaissance Albany Hotel, features small-plate locally inspired dishes, classic libations and live music.
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I had Dinner & Breakfast at the Wellington while staying at the Renaissance Albany Hotel for a conference at the Albany Conference Center, August 8 & 9.
For dinner I had "LAMB CHOPS"; I had requested them Rare, they were cooked to perfection & were absolutely delicious. I don't know the Sauce the Chef used, but it was outstanding. My friend from the conference, had the "Fillet Mignon" & she thought it was really, really great. Our SERVER was "Sal", who was EXCELLENT & helped make dinner very enjoyable.
Breakfast was "Horrible", I had the "Farmers Omelette" & another friend also had the Omelette. I had requested mine cooked soft, it was so OVERCOOKED I could hardly eat it. I was not happy with it at all, had I more time I would have sent it back. My friend did not enjoy his either.
The service at night, for dinner, was excellent; the service in the morning for breakfast, was mediocre to poor. It was, as if I were in two different Restaurants.
I gave them Five Stars because of the Lamb Chops, the Filet Mignon & Dinner Service by Sal.

Leola E, General Manager at Wellington's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear GeorgeH-LI_NY-ExPat,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent dining experiences in Wellington's. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful dinner experience but would like to sincerely apologize that your breakfast fell short of both your - and our - expectations. We hope to see you again soon so that we may better your experience with us.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We have eaten there several times. We had desserts recently. Great food, Creative! Very good setting and service!

Dear pstewart792017,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent dining experiences in Wellington's! We are happy to hear that you have been here a few times and have enjoyed each experience! We hope to see you again soon so that you can try something new!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

The food is delicious and the portions are large. Their specialty drinks are great too!!
A must if your in Albany!

Leola E, General Manager at Wellington's, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear Bklyn11787,

Thank you for taking the time to review Wellington's! We truly value your feedback and we are happy to hear that you had a great experience with us. We hope you will choose to dine with us during your next trip to Albany.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The food was phenomenal. My wife and I started with the burratta and the green papaya salad. Both were fantastic. I had the red snapper special and she had the cod. Again, both were amazing!! For desert we had the Cider Belly Donut ice cream sandwich and loved it. So, they knocked it out of the park with the food. Now, the not so great part: the atmosphere was awful. The floor is tile and the acoustics were LOUD. Everything seemed to echo all over the place. Some of the tables looked to be more like booths and I imagine they were quieter, but, wow, for us it was annoyingly loud. Next up is the service. The staff were nice; no problem there. But, one drink came to the table, the other never came until asked for. I received a cup of coffee with no cream or sugar and no question of whether it was needed or not. The staff were not real present so it took way too long for the creamer to arrive. The pace of the meal was nice; a little slow, but we enjoyed the time between courses. However, if we needed something the staff was frequently unavailable. Food - GREAT; Atmosphere - POOR; Service - FAIR.

Leola E, General Manager at Wellington's, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Dear Chuck R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your recent dining experience with us at Wellington's! I would like to sincerely apologize that we fell short of your -and our- expectations during your visit. Please know that your feedback has been shared within our organization to ensure that issues such as these do not occur in the future. Should you wish to further discuss your experience, please reach out to me directly at 518-992-2500 as it would be my pleasure to assist you. We hope that you choose to dine with us again in the future so that we may better your expereicne with us.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Let's start with the positive!

Very clean dining area! Very clean bathrooms!!! A decent food and drink menu for breakfast! We had a Bellini that was very good.

Now with the negative....

Our breakfast, waffle for my wife and my egg whites came to us cold!

I don't blame our waitress, I believe she was trying, but this was unacceptable. She made good for my wife's waffle, but I had lost my appetite.

We will try again, as I believe and hope this is an exception. The restaurant has good reviews and like I stated, very modern and clean dining area and bathroom!

Dear Tileman1213,

Thank you for taking the time to review Wellington's! I would like to sincerely apologize that you found your recent dining experience with us disappointing, however we are happy to hear that you will come visit us again in the future so that we may better your dining experience with us. Please reach out to me directly the next time that you are here so that I can personally ensure that your expectations are delivered. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Leola Edelin

Been to Wellington's? Share your experiences!