All reviewsroom was cleanalbany airportfront deskdunkin donutswolf roadwould stay againthird floorwi ficonvenient locationnon smokingshuttle servicemotelrrimicrowaveclerkmallmattresses
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

We ended up staying at this red roof in after my father in law got drunk and began picking a fight with my husband. We had our 14 year old twins with us. Room was clean plenty of pillows and towels and the mattresses were super comfortable

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank melissa j
Reviewed 26 May 2018

I've been staying here since 1998. The Staff have, always, been very accommodating and polite. "Janet" is the "Rock-Star" of the Staff. Everyone treats you as if you were a personal guest at their home. Unbelievable. Very clean and spacious rooms. Comfortable bed without a minute's lost sleep. Safe and secure as the Colonie Police make the parking lot part of their normal patrol. It's the perfect, "Home Away From Home." This Memorial Day Weekend, I salute the Red Roof Inn.

Room Tip: Competitive Pricing / Hilton Quality
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank edwardb738
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Booked a "superior King" room through Tripadvisor. First clue of problems was when the folks who checked in ahead of us came back to front desk (this is at 2:00 a.m.) to advise that when they opened the door on the room they had been given, there was a lady already sleeping in the bed. About scared the lady to death! Front desk apologized and said "the computer" screwed up. The whole building strongly smells like a giant ash tray full of old butts. Stale smoke odor wafted into our A/C air in the middle of the night. Our "superior King" room turned out to be two double beds. The best thing about the room was the shower. Plenty of hot water from a great shower head. Be sure you like airplanes before booking here (I do) because you'll have a front row seat to low-flying airlines at all hours of day and night on approach to Albany Airport. Room decor is straight out of the 80's, so if you like retro, you'll like this place. But before you unpack, be sure to make sure the toilet flushes properly. Ours was very sluggish. Price was right for what we got.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank triospec
Reviewed 6 May 2018

Staff were lovely. Check in and check out is fast and easy. Perfect location to stay the night when driving across the country. End of the day, it's a Red Roof Inn... I'm not looking for much from them.
Elevator looks and feels like it’s from the 70’s. Could do with an upgrade (still work fine though)

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank linm_craft353_
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The first impression of the hotel was walking to the elevator . There must have been 5 smokers smoking in the hall in front of laundry room. Pure smoke. We had to walk around them. . Then we took the elevator to The Room which was a non smoking room. OMG. It smelt so bad of smoke. Bathroom and bed clothes reeked of smoke. Went down to office and no manager was there and the young man could not help us. Maybe change rooms but I said no. Did not want to have to change rooms with my mom who is 91. I am sure that all the rooms smell since the smokers smoke on property. We were already suppose to be in a non smoking room. They don’t even put the cigarettes in the receptacle. They throw them on the ground. Take a look mr manager. Nidhi Karla. They are all over the ground in front of laundry room. A very bad first impression. When we got to our destination In Corning, our clothes smelt like smoke. When I went to bed that night my pajamas reeked of smoke. If you were allergic to smoke , you would for sure end up in the hospital. Also, charging for a safe deposit box is unreasonable. We didn’t even use it. My sister told them when she saw the charge when she was registering that she was not willing to pay for something we wouldn’t use. After I wAs charged I went back in to have it removed. They removed. Man at desk apologized. Well, we were going to stay another night on the way home but decided to go to a nicer hotel. It didn’t smell at all like smoke. Much better place to stay. As my husband always says you pay for what you get. Never will stay at a Red Roof Inn again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family