All reviewswolf roadfront deskroom was cleanrestaurants and shoppingfree breakfastlobby areaconvenient locationwould stay here againoatmealoff the highwayeasy accessbusiness tripfitness centerparking lotshuttlemallaccommodations
Reviewed 27 March 2017

I like the Hampton Inns. I find them clean, well managed and the breakfast is good (except when they have turkey sausage, which tastes like someone fried up some pencil erasers). My problem is with the bedding, which consists of a sheet and one blanket/comforter which feels like it is made out of Kevlar. It is too heavy to use, and the sheet alone is not enough. I will not be staying at any Hampton Inns until there is a change in their bedding policy.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Heidi D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport), responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Hello jamesdY5454FW,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us while a guest at our hotel. I am happy to hear you found our hotel to be clean and you were able to enjoy our breakfast. I am sorry you did not like our bedding. We do offer a blanket in the drawer of the luggage bench. I will certainly pass on your comments to corporate as I know they are continuously striving to improve on the guest experience. I hope you will give us another try when visiting the Albany area, we would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel:)

Reviewed 20 March 2017

The hotel's location is very good, with restaurants close by (had dinner at Olive Garden across the street). Service was good and professional. The hotel itself seemed in the older side. The room was the normal 2 bed, desk hampton room. It would be nicer if they could do a little remodeling. Still i would stay again...

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Porky1999

Hello Porky1999,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us while a guest at our hotel. I am happy to hear you found the team to be professional! We are in a good location with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel the next time you visit Albany!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

The staff was exceptionally friendly. The service was outstanding. The room was extremely comfortable and prestine. The breakfast in the morning was outstanding and was different every morning. One of the best hotels we have stayed at in a very long time.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple

Hello texboy45,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us while a guest at our hotel. I am so happy to hear you found our team to be friendly, service to be outstanding and rooms comfortable and clean. I am also pleased you were able to enjoy our breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel next time you visit Albany!

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

We checking in after 9 pm and night staff seemed to be bothered by it. I had to wait a few minutes for someone to even come to the desk to check me in. I went down later to see if they could give me change for a $20 and was told by a different girl she only had singles. (We need change for our pizza delivery and wanted to be prepared for the chambermaids tip). The next morning I asked for change and it was no problem. The lady at the desk in the morning (for change & checkout) was so pleasant to deal with!!!
Hotel was a little noisy... doors slamming, running down halls (after midnight).
Breakfast in the morning was good, normal Hampton Inn breakfast. We love the waffles (even when the batter isn't fully mixed, ugh)

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Heidi D, General Manager at Hampton Inn Albany - Wolf Road (Airport), responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2017

Dear HappilyMarried01,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us while a guest at our hotel. I'm sorry you did not feel welcome when you first arrived, but I'm happy to hear that your experience did improve later in your stay. I have shared your comments with my team so we can see where we fell short of your expectations. Our guest's feedback is very important to us a we are continuously striving to improve on our guest's experience. I hope you will give us another try when visiting Albany so we can show you the quality stay you deserve.

Reviewed 18 March 2017

Staff was very nice. Property was clean, but in need of a facelift. Great location. Beds need to be upgraded. Guest laundry was a nice touch. Breakfast was mediocre but sufficient. Fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Hello Carolyn W,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us while a guest at our hotel. I am happy to hear you found our team to be nice and hotel to be clean. We are in a good location with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. I am pleased you liked our guest laundry!! We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel when your travels bring you to Albany again!