All reviewstoilet roomfront desktiny poollollipopssitting areagas stationshower areasofa bedyogurtbottled waterfree breakfastnice propertyshopping and restaurantshot tubwhole foodslarge roomworkout room
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Booked 4 rooms for three married children and nine grandkids to explore the Science Museum in Schenectady and the Polar Express in Saratoga Springs over the Thanksgiving weekend. But the fact is that the little ones thought the indoor pool at the hotel was the best part of the whole trip. Breakfast consisted of a great selection and the rooms were more than large enough even for the family with 4 children. The staff was very friendly and we didn't even mind the guest who complained about the kids being too loud at 7:00 PM (we were loud). Location is very convenient to the interstate and a local mall and restaurants. Highly recommend

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
MarkTopp, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Hello Chris G,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I'm glad your whole family could enjoy the trip--especially the indoor pool!

We're glad to hear everything was an excellent experience overall, and thank you for the recommendation. If your clan is looking for an indoor pool again next year (or a Science Museum or two), we hope you'll think of us!

Have a wonderful Holiday Season,

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

Clean, spacious room, nice comfortable bed. Desk area and sofa. The pool was nice but it is small. We travelled with an infant and this worked well for us. The bathrooms are a bit odd having one bathroom just a sink and toilet, and the other bathroom with just a sink and shower. Was hoping our little kitchenette would have a sink (to wash baby bottles) but it didn't. Good area, close to shopping and restaurants.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
MarkTopp, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2016

Hello Antlers595,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I'm pleased to hear that you did enjoy yourself and our amenities.

From your review, it sounds like you may enjoy our Queen Suite a bit more than the King Suite you stayed in. Our Queen Suite has one large bathroom with the toilet and shower (including a bathtub) in one room. There is also an additional sink in the little kitchenette area where the refrigerator and microwave are, along with a bit more counter space for drying the bottles.

If you are in the area again, we hope to have another opportunity to serve you. Thank you for staying with us, and safe travels!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I am from New York City and make the trek once or twice a year to see a show or concert at Proctors Theater in Schenectady, or this time, at the REP, in Albany.
Each time I have stayed at another hotel.
One hotel was too expensive, one hotel was in an unsafe neighborhood, one hotel was way off the beaten track, one hotel had paper thin walls so I could hear the people in the next room talking.
This time, I did some research for my stay and came up with the Spring Hill Suites in Albany.
Off this visit, it will be my "GO TO" hotel for future trips to Albany, unless of course I have problems here in the future.
It is off exit 2EAST of RT 87, only a half mile down the road, so the location is good.
It is near Wolf Road, a main road in the area, and if you go West on this road (RT 5), you can go to Schenectady.
It is near RT 87 , so you can go North on the Northway towards Canada or Lake George, or you can head South if you need to go that way, it is not far at all.
You can also get routes 90 and 787 in the vicinity, so location is excellent.

As for the hotel itself, when I go to a hotel , SLEEP is the #1 priority, I want to sleep the night without disturbances from neighbors, plumbing, vending machines, elevators.
The check in clerk gave me a choice of several floors (there are 4 floors) and I told her I want to be away from noise.
When I got up to my room on the 4th floor, she was right, I was way down the hall, far away from the elevator and ice machine. My room faced the rear of the hotel so it was quiet.
We had 2 beds in the room, there was also a separate area for a sleeper sofa, a desk to work on , the bathroom had the sink outside as the bathroom housed the toilet and shower.
I suppose this room is bigger than your average hotel room.
I have been in larger, but this was certainly fine.
The breakfast had some hot dishes, eggs, sausages, oatmeal, waffles as well as some cold cereal and plenty of pastries and breads.
There were 2 ladies working the breakfast area and you can see that they were working hard to keep the place stocked.
There was a mini mart next to the check in counter so you can purchase some snacks if you so desire.
If you look at the big picture: location, value , room size, quiet, pool, fitness center, nice breakfast, this will be my GO TO hotel when I come up to the Albany area to see a show in the future.

Room Tip: Our room faced the back and it was fine. I prefer to be away from elevators and vending.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Maya S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Dear Carlstadt,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We strive to provide outstanding customer service and are pleased that you experienced this. I am excited to share your great comments with my team.

Kindly,
Maya S.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

We stayed here this past weekend. the rooms are clean and up to date and they do provide breakfast. the only negative was that they charge your room $20-30 for incidentals upon arrival and do not let you know this.

Room Tip: check for credit card charges
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Rosepasco,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review in regards your resent stay with us.
I am sorry that you are unhappy with temporary holds being placed on your credit card for the rooms you stayed in. I can assure you that is a Marriott procedure and that the correct amounts were held.

Marriott, like most major hotel chains, authorize credit cards at check-in for the full amount of your stay, plus between $20 and $30 per night for incidentals, similar to a security deposit. Any amount that is not used on your final bill is released back to your bank automatically upon check-out, and your bank takes it from there. The funds are typically released by your bank within 3-5 business days.

Kindly,
Maya S.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

This is my third stay at the SpringHill Colonie, but it won't be my last. I often stop in the area to break up trips between Montreal and NYC and points south. Since discovering this hotel, it is now my "go to" when in the area. I always like SpringHill Suites and this is one of the better ones. Every employee encountered seems happy in their job and it shows. On my last visit I arrived after dark after enduring a hellish drive from NYC (traffic, construction delays, weather...you name it) and was greeted at the front desk by a delightful woman who succeeded in making me laugh after my drive. I had already checked in on the mobile app, so everything was ready for me and she even offered me a coffee and snack before I headed upstairs!

The suite was as always--- quiet, spotless and so comfortable. The bed was great, the shower was great and the wifi was great. In-room coffee is very good and all the little touches (bottled water, plastic dishes and utensils) are much appreciated.

Breakfast is varied and plentiful and as others have mentioned, the breakfast area attendants are excellent--- pleasant and efficient. The fitness room is on the small side, but perfectly fine. The hotel is right off the Northway, near the Colonie Center Mall and loads of restaurants. It's on a short drive off the main road itself, but that plus the cemetery next doors ensures peace and quiet.

Checkout was a breeze, and on this visit was entertaining as well; a squirrel had gotten itself trapped in between the two sets of automatic doors and three employees were doing their best to get the squirrel safely back outside. They were successful. The squirrel probably won't be back......but I will be!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
MarkTopp, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Albany-Colonie, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Hello PoloRalphLauren,

Thank you so much for your kind comments about your recent stay! I will pass your comments onto Margarita who checked you in.

We are quite honored to be your go-to place in Albany, and cannot wait to see you again the next time you travel (hopefully minus another squirrel interaction).

Take care and travel safely,