“Very nice meal”
Review of Ama Cocina

Ama Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
Ama Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 17 September 2017

If you want tex-mex this is not the place for you. The food is does offer is well prepared and very good. I enjoyed the cheese enchiladas which were light and moist. My wife loved her fish tacos. The cactus fries are different and definitely worth a try. The service that others rave bout was quixotic at best. Food arrived reasonable quickly but it took ages to get a drink from the bar. The biggest drawback for us was the noise level which was boisterous to say the least and made conversation nearly impossible.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We tried Ama Cocina for a late lunch and it was great! We had the burrito wraps, burrito with salad and rice in a bowl and enchiladas. All were very tasty and delicious, washed down with beer. The place's décor is striking in a Frida Kahlo colourful way. Great place for mexican food!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My meal was specified as a salad special. It was tasty, but a little to spicy for me. I am still a little hungry too. The salsa appetizer wasn't my favorite either. I don't eat sweets, so that's probably why I'm still hungry. The rest of the family seemed happy with their meals. The waiter was excellent.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

My husband, sons and I went to dinner here. Everybody liked what they got - one son gots the meat lover's tacos and fish tacos; the other got the steak fajitas; my husband got the chicken enchiladas and I got the cheese enchiladas. The dinners were very good and we would all get what we got again without a problem. The salsa and the guacamole were good. My husband and I got Margaritas and they were not great - sour without the sweetness aspeck you expect (Triple Sec? - not sure); my husband and I didn't care for the chips either which were pretty greasy - but our sons did like them.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

I called ahead and they had plenty of open tables. When I arrive 20 minutes later they still had lots of open tables but no ability to seat because of potential reservations later. So much for quality management

Been to Ama Cocina? Share your experiences!