“Yummy Guac”
Review of Ama Cocina

Ama Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
Ama Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #64 of 755 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Great options for food and drinks. Gluten-free friendly. Awesome atmosphere. Waitstaff friendly and helpful with recommendations. It's the best place to stop and eat in the area.

Date of visit: June 2016

Reviewed 7 June 2016

Excellent guacamole (we had the classic) and margaritas. The sangria was fine. Great selection including plenty for pescatarians and vegetarians. Flavors very nice. Based on other reviews we ordered the avocado fries which I think were overrated. Good service. Nice location if you're going to a concert at the Times Union Center.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Went for dinner before a show at the Palace because we heard the food was good and it was better than good. The mushroom empanadas are the kind of tasty morsel you dream about. House Margs were good. Funky decor and a good time. Love the sidewalk seating too. The only downside was that the service was a little too fast. We could have used a more relaxed pace on the food although they in no way rushed us out. We didn't have a reservation but I would recommend one. Great happy hour specials too.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

Well, because we've been having middle of the week nice weather and the weekends s...I persuaded my friend to try this restaurant on Friday. Sooooo glad I stuck to my guns! Fabulous place ! Reminds me of Montréal, open, outdoor dining and eclectic style of Mexican food. Bravo! Well done! Tequila of all kinds ...too bad Uber isn't here, because I would have indulged past 1 beverage! Now, the food... Menu is a little confusing but just ask your server, they're very helpful. We ordered chip n salsa, nice crispy round chips. Salsa was mild , however, they supply 3 bottles to kick it up, if you like. My friend order the fried avocado with aioli, she'd like it but for me it was a bit overdone. Next, we ordered the 6 tacos. She had 3 el pescado (fish)and I had 3 short ribs tacos. Both were fabulous! Now, I'm not a fan of corn tortillas but the short ribs and topping made up for it. Her El Pescado tacos were fabulous. The fish was lightly breaded , flour tortillas and very mild fish. I would order it. Three tacos each plus chips and salsa and the fried avocado were more than enough. I had a doggy bag to take home. I would definitely come back again especially if we get any nice sunshine on the weekends!!! But if we don't, I will definitely come back!

Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Not impressed - no compelling reason to return,,,menu favors spicy and was a pricy meal. Wine selections horrible. Had tacos ( salmon, shrimp and chicken), corn, two deserts...nothing great. Best on menu was the chips and guacamole. Left saying I would have enjoyed chipotle for 1/6th the cost and more food

Date of visit: May 2016

Been to Ama Cocina? Share your experiences!