“Blow your mind level great”
Review of Angelo's 677 Prime

Angelo's 677 Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Angelo's 677 Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: USD 31 - USD 85
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Orange Street
Description: A fine dining steakhouse restaurant with upscale ambiance perfect for everything from a romantic dinner to a business luncheon, and a second floor set of three banquet rooms perfect for business meetings or an intimate wedding, Angelo's 677 Prime is a premier destination for all of your dining occasions.
Reviewed 29 August 2017

have have 2 million miles in the air traveling for business and eat in restaurants constantly.

Last night I went there with a group of 6 and had the most EPIC meal of my life! Seriously....the best meal of my life!

Our party shared a seafood tower appetizer that was mind blowing with lobster, crab legs, lump crab, shimp, seafood salad, oysters on half shell, tuna tartare and caviar. Hell there might have been something I forgot but all that was there. It was supposedly for 4 but 6 of us could barely polish it off

I had Filet and it was amazing. We ordered sides (ala carte) and shared. All were outstanding

Amazing wine list

Only way this place could be better is if they were giving the food away for free. Which they definitely are not.

This place off the charts good and very expensive. Expensive but worth every penny even if I can only eat here once every couple years after saving up for it or when it is going on an expense account.

I wish I had a rich uncle that lived in Albany...

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Premier steakhouse. Classy joint. Where the Albany elite dine. No flaws whatsoever. Very active even in a Wednesday night. Great ambience. Great background music. Dimly lit. Great for business or romantic dinner. Quiet and private, yet lively. You pay for quality and service. 14oz minimum steaks typically. The first time I've seen lit menus! Great wine, cocktail and beer selections. The complimentary bread homemade with rosemary oil is a nice touch. Side potatoes are a must. Bring your appetite.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The service and food are without doubt very good to excellent. We were a party of five and enjoyed perfect steaks (and yes splurge for the extra black truffle slices) plus tuna was also very good. My wife and friends enjoyed the perfect gin and tonic where you're able to determine how much tonic you prefer.

The negatives included serving zinfandel in a smallish glass rather than a nice larger Bordeaux style glass for better nose. The biggest negative was the extreme noise level in the main level dining room. Management should look into some acoustic mediation solution such as special ceiling panels. It was almost impossible to carry on conversations across table. The live music didn't help and that night was not very good anyway.

Would go back but perhaps different seating.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Want to impress? Go to 677 Prime, which combines an elegant atmosphere with friendly and gracious service. With a lovely dining area, beautifully appointed leather banquettes and cool lighting, Prime offers an excellent dinner menu, a super selection of wines, and a highly educated sommelier.

You can also experience really tasty lunches in the same high-end ambience at surprisingly affordable prices.

I love to sit at the bar and order apps and the very best pear martinis I've ever had, and I've tried many. Happy hour is extremely generous with reduced price apps and drinks.

So, as you can see, I really enjoy 677 and can't wait to go back again.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I had a filet, potato, salad, glass of pinot noir, chocolate cake for desert. The salad was excellent- lettuce, watermelon, strawberries, pistachio nuts.... Best part of the meal! The filet had a sauce which hid the taste of meat. Meat came medium as opposed to medium rare/ rare. A week later and I cannot recall if mashed, roasted or baked potato so I guess nothing special about it. The cake was very good but small. Then the coffee was really good- I love good coffee. Unfortunately, I was unable to get a second cup.