“Great Food - Fresh and Never Disappointed”

Mamoun's Mideast Cafe
Ranked #68 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: USD 1 - USD 20
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 19 August 2017

This is a true gem of a restaurant in Albany. The music is quite nice (Arabic music), tea is really good, and the food has always been fresh and full of flavor. Highly recommend visiting this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

All four of us thoroughly enjoyed our food. This was a great introduction for us to Lebanese/Syrian food. The lamb and zucchini dish was especially good, but the baklava was even better. Interesting artwork in the restaurant too.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Take your time and enjoy. Falafel is excellent as is the rest of the food. The place is never crowded. I know they do a fair bit of takeout but I never see more than a few dinners at lunchtime. I did come once with a group and it was too much for the small staff. Took forever. But for a family or couple, it's perfect.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

My wife and I had just finished doing a protest march and decided to grab a little lunch. We'd heard of this place for years but never stopped so we figured, why not. It's in downtown Albany in an old building with the original tin ceilings. The menu was classic Middle Eastern with kebobs, hummus, stuffed grape leaves and so on. We each got a falafel plate which came with a smallish falafel sandwich in a pta with a side of fresh hummus and pita chips for dipping along with some awesome pickled carrots. Everything was fresh, well made and d great flavor. Service was good, bathrooms were clean and the place was nicely laid out. I could have used a slightly bigger sandwich but no real complaint there. Prices were reasonable too.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

Unsuspecting little restaurant. It was empty when my coworkers and I came in for lunch around noon. Very reasonable prices and delicious food! I ordered the eggplant and falafel sandwich platter. The sandwich was served fresh and hot with delicious pita chips and hummus. Perfect portions. The service was a little slow and we were a little upset that our waiter didn't inform us about their credit card minimum until we went to check out, but we will still be back. I definitely recommend!