“Good luck”
Review of World of Beer

World of Beer
Ranked #9 of 25 Nightlife in Albany
More attraction details
Owner description: At World of Beer, we've got 50 craft beers on tap, over 500 in the cooler and a menu of tasty tavern fare that's crafted to go perfectly with beer. And whether you're a beer master or just beer curious, our insanely knowledgeable staff is here to guide you through every last pint, pour, and pairing. So c'mon. Let's go. Because there's no better place to go around the world, one sip at a time.
Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

It took me and wife 3 try’s with appetizers and meal to find something they actually have. They say there closing early . To run out of food on a Sunday is bad management.

Date of experience: December 2017
"great beer"
"mall"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 31 October 2017

World of Beer is open again under new management. Under the previous management the quality of the service was generally poor and the quality of the food was very inconsistent. Since they are under new management my wife and I decided to try them again.

For a place named World of Beer, you expect a good beer selection and they deliver. Under the previous management there were tablets at the table which allowed you to review their full beer selection. Those tablets seem to be gone and replaced by paper menus that do not list the entire selection. I believe there is an app for that, but I did not download it and can not comment. But I can confirm they a large selection of a wide variety of different types of beer.

The menu has some good pub food options and the portion sizes are typically large. Under the previous management, food quality varied widely from visit to visit, but the food I've had under the new management has been well prepared. We're not talking high end cuisine here, but it is tasty and filling. The Bavarian Pretzel with cheese sauce is delicious and enormous. It is definitely for sharing. The buffalo wings are very good. I enjoyed my Guinness Brat Sandwich and my wife enjoyed her Flat Iron Steak sandwich.

I think the only downside was service again. While our experience was not terrible by any stretch of the imagination it left a little to be desired. When we arrived we were told to sit anywhere. After seating ourselves we were told we had to move because the table was reserved. There was no sign or anything. But these things happen. When we ordered, our waitress struggled to remember our order and generally seemed distracted and not very friendly. However, she did check in with us to make sure everything was satisfactory. I'll admit that I may be over critical here based on my previous unpleasant experiences under the previous management.

I stopped going to WOB under the previous management. The service and food was too inconsistent. Under the new management the food situation seems to have improved and I think with just a little more work on the customer service side of the business it could be a pretty nice place to grab a few drinks and food while at the mall.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Went in after a movie for a bite to eat. It was difficult to find the hostess and once we were seated it took forever for a server to come to our table. We actually almost left, but menu items were calling my son's name. I asked our server about the beer paired with the the Black and Blue flatbread she just shrugged her shoulders. Really? Shouldn't the servers at 'WOB' know that as a minimum? We ordered the Butcher Board with Artisan cheese, which was very good. The praline crusted goat cheese a favorite. I did go with the flatbread and ate every last yummy bite. My son had he chipotle chicken sandwich that he said was very spicy, but he enjoyed it. If the service would improve I'd go back...

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Note: This is a restaurant and not an attraction.

Our first visit under the previous management three years ago, had given us really high hopes as we enjoyed some excellent craft beers among a very huge selection. Trying the food a month later our expectations were deflated as the food was not up to par.

Come forward three years with new management and we’re basically back to where we started. We had a couple of stellar craft beers and enjoyed a large freshly baked German Pretzel ($9) with stone ground mustard and beer cheese ($2). The beers were pints of Artisanal Brew Works BB Brown Ale ($8) & Rushing Duck Beanhead Porter ($6).

We’ll have to return to check out the current menu. Service was knowledgeable, friendly and prompt at the bar.

Date of experience: September 2017