All reviewsfire pitmon wedfull kitchentrader joesbasketball courtparking lotcomplimentary dinnerthe cheesecake factoryan extended staywine and beerhome away from homewhole foodsfavorite hotelcolonie centerlaundry roombeautiful hotelliving room
Reviewed 28 March 2016

THE GOOD: Brand new, very nicely appointed extended stay hotel. Consistent pleasantness and professionalism from all staff. Room spacious and nicely appointed, very clean and comfortable. Complimentary breakfast offers wide variety of choices.
THE NOT-SO-GOOD: Both (brand-new) elevators broke down during most of our stay, requiring multiple treks up and down four flights to our suite. No consideration offered or provided when requested for our inconvenience. While the outdoor fire pit provided warmth and a quiet conversation place on a cool March night, we never expected the staff to come out and abruptly turn it off at 10pm while we were in the middle of conversation and sipping coffee. NOTE TO HOTEL: If you MUST turn off the fire pit at 10pm on a Saturday night (or any night), a more courteous approach would be to let guests know of the obligation and return in fifteen minutes, giving them time to finish their drinks and conversation.
OVERALL: We expect to return to this hotel again, but we'll give it some time to season. There are other, more established hotel options in the same geographic area and price range.

Room Tip: Ask if the elevators are working (or request a lower floor).
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frank K
Michael P, Manager at Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2016

Frank,

Thank you for the constructive criticism of our hotel. Every day is a learning experience when living and working at the Staybridge Suites and reviews like these are what helps us grow to become even better. Firstly, I want to thank you for the positive feedback about our rooms and staff. I know how hard the suitekeeping staff works to make sure all the rooms were clean for you.

I was working the night that both elevators were not working and we called in a manager to help the front desk staff and guests while we waited for our elevator company to repair our elevators. We opened up our employee elevator for anyone that needed help and several of the staff including myself were open to walking the guests to that elevator. It disappoints me as well when brand new elevators break, but we did have an alternate option in the form of an available elevator for guests. The elevator was fixed later that evening, allowing for guests to use it for our filling breakfast in the morning. I'm proud of the level of professionalism that you mentioned in your review that our front desk staff, maintenance, and operations team had during the situation and I’m sure if you called the front desk, one of our staff members would have gladly walked you to an available elevator.

I'm very sorry that our maintenance staff was so curt with the firepit. We take noise complaints very seriously and we want to make sure guests that face our courtyard can get a pleasant night's sleep. As a note in the future, our firepit always closes at 10PM, whether it is a cool day in March or a hot summer night.

I am disappointed to hear that you may have to give us time to stay with us in the future, but I am confident looking at other hotel options, you will realize the quality we bring to the Albany area and look forward to seeing you so we can prove that we deserved a second chance.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

Our family of 4 recently spent a night here on a trip to Albany. We can't say enough about our experience. The hotel was beautiful- modern but cozy. Everything was extremely clean and in excellent shape. It is clear they put effort into cleanliness and maintaining things. Our room felt large & open due to the layout & had a kitchenette. The beds were extremely comfortable. We spent time in the fitness center, hot tub and pool area, but wished we were there during a warmer time of the year because the outdoor pergola area looked very inviting as well. The hotel offers a free dinner to guests and complimentary breakfasts. We highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family

Hello,

I’m glad to hear that your family’s trip to Albany was so enjoyable. It sounded like you had an opportunity to enjoy several of our amenities as well, including our fitness center and breakfast and hopefully when the weather gets warmer, you’ll also be able to enjoy our firepit. I hope to see you again!

Reviewed 21 March 2016

The hotel was beautiful. the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. The room was very nice, spacious and very clean. All in all, we had a great time and will use this hotel often in the future. It is located in the heart of the business district of Wolf Road, but is tucked away in a nice and quiet corner. Absolutely perfect in every way!!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Michael P, Manager at Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2016

Hello,

It's great to hear how much you enjoyed the Staybridge Suites. Like you mentioned, we are away from the main Wolf Road strip, behind the Trader Joes and right next to the Macy's side of the Colonie Center Mall, which allows the hotel to be quieter and away from noisy traffic. Thank you for mentioning our staff as well; we all try our best to make your stay top-notch. It sounds like we will see you in the future, so I just wanted to wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

Stayed here for one night for an annual 'sister night'. The location is fantastic, just a short walk away from Colonie Center (a large shopping mall) and the various restaurants on Wolf Rd. The staff were knowledgeable and super friendly. Grounds and the room were impeccable! The bed was so comfortable that my next stop after this trip advisor review is to Amazon.com to try and purchase the same pillows and comforter set!
Really great place- you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: The suites are amazing, but all rooms have kitchens which is super
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Michael P, Manager at Staybridge Suites Albany Wolf Rd-Colonie Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2016

Sarah,

I'm so happy to hear that you and your sisters got to enjoy some time together and enjoy the amenities that the Staybridge Suites has to offer. Thank you for highlighting our staff, I know our staff is good at providing solid opinions on restaurants and entertainment in the area. Hopefully the next “sister night” you will choose us again!

Reviewed 10 March 2016

This was my first stop at a Staybridge Suites and if they are all as good as this location, I will be a client for life! Friendly staff, great rooms, fantastic breakfast and clean pool area. We stopped for one night on our way further east and this was a quick pick off the internet but I am so glad we chose it. The kids loved the pool and we all enjoyed the breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family

Hello,

I'm honored to hear that you will be a client for life with us here at the Staybridge Suites after one stay with us. It's wonderful reading that you gave us a chance and enjoyed all of our amenities. Hopefully the next time you travel through Albany, we will see you again!