“In the mood for Cioppino”

Reel Seafood Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Reel Seafood Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 700 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: USD 6 - USD 37
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 22 March 2017

Decided to order the Cioppino which was recommended by the waiter. Plenty of seafood in the bowl. Would have liked a bit more seasoning. Good service but a bit pricey.

Reviewed 21 March 2017

Ok

This place is awesome. Been working in Albany for a few weeks now (several months to go on this project) and I can't believe I waited this long to try this place.

Ordered a glass of Bourbon to sip while I decided what to eat. They have a well stocked bar with a nice selection of Bourbon.

I started with a bowl of Clam Chowder. The waitress felt the need to warn me that the "bowl" was really big and that the chowder had big chunks of bacon in it and wanted to be sure that was OK... I was like "Neither of those will upset me"

She wasn't lying. It was big, loaded with bacon and outstanding.

For my entree I chose Catch of the Day Halibut, grilled with Buerre Blanc sauce and for my side I choose Parmesan Truffle Fries. I figured the giant bowl of Creamy Chowder jammed with bacon had already clogged my arteries so I might as well enjoy the Truffle Fries as part of my last meal.

The Halibut was great as were the Truffle Fries. If you come here just throw cholesterol caution to the wind and have the Chowder and Truffle Fries no matter what entree you choose. If you insist on living forever I am sure the less unhealthy apps and sides are just as good. A couple of my coworkers had oysters on the half shell for an appetizer and they looked great and got rave reviews

They have a nice wine list with some good selections in the $35 -$40 a bottle range and good choices by the glass.

The service was perfect, helpful, friendly, there enough to make sure you were taken care of without being intrusive. To be fair, we where there on a Wednesday night....the night after the "Great Albany Blizzard of 2017" when we got like 22" of snow in a day and people were still recovering so there were only 2 other parties in the restaurant that night. I would expect the service to be great with so few customers to take care of. I will be back for sure so I will see how it is when they are more busy.

This place is not cheap. Not crazy high but somewhat pricey. But the quality justifies it.

If you want less expensive there is a Red Lobster across the street but I highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

My dinner with a friend who knows her wine and seafood was a real delight. My salmon was perfect, her dish was exactly what she expected, and all the service was equally professional,polite and timely. Their live fish tanks are beautiful and spotless. This was my second visit and it was just as satisfying as the first.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Went here for dinner with a friend and every item we had was wonderful. Everything was fresh and prepared to our order. I had the lobster risotto and this was one of the best dishes I have ever eaten.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I wanted to get there early before the dinner crowd. It was 4 pm, not busy but half the restaurant was reserved so I was informed that there was a 15 minute wait. Ended up being only a 5 minute wait. Fresh seafood was good, service was good, a very nice restaurant in a good location.

Been to Reel Seafood Company? Share your experiences!