“Treated like family ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

DH and I have been coming to the Hamilton Street location of El Mariachi for almost a decade, and have never had a bad meal or poor service. When we used to get the chicken fajitas, it was as if they knew we were coming. The order was on the table, piping hot, in just a few minutes. I became vegan a few years ago. The menu has several dishes to choose from, including a wonderful black bean soup. The flautus de papas (excuse my bad Spanish...that's DH's forte), and the avocado torta (the latter is not on the menu) are easily veganized (no leche). I happen to love their water, and will drink several glasses while dining. DH goes for the Jaritos sodas (neither of us drinks). Did I mention the desserts? Oh, just go. It doesn't hurt to make a reservation, btw.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

In Albany and looking to kill some time before a departing flight at Albany International Airport. Using Trip Advisor, found this Mexican restaurant located not far from the airport and decided to give it a try. Exceeded all expectations. The lunch menu had a huge selection of options that should provide something for everyone. Ordered the Huaraches (2 per order) Chicken (Homemade corn tortilla topped with refried beans, lettuce, queso fresco, Mexican sour cream, onions and green salsa). Awesome! Almost too much food to eat, but found a way to finish it off. Excellent food and generous portions served at an unbeatable price. If you like traditional Mexican food, you won't be disappointed. The service was slow, but dining at mid-afternoon probably contributed to the long wait. On the other hand, the servers were very friendly and made sure that drinks were refilled when needed. The atmosphere was very nice and appropriate for the theme. Highly recommended stop for anyone traveling to or through Albany.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

A lovely dinner with my friend. Had not been to El Mariachi in several,years and was not disappointed. Margaritas for starters - just the way I like with fresh lime juice, perfect on a summers night. I always go for the mole and there's is a winner- complex and deep - on top of a tender chicken breast. My companion's vegetarian enchilada was delish too! Lots of customers even on a mid-week night. Make a reservation.

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Yes the margaritas are good, but the food is GREAT!
We go all the time, it's like a mini vacation to South of the Border.
I hope no one builds a WALL but if they do,
At least we can still eat wonderful Mexican dishes prepared in the traditional way .

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant! They treat my husband and I very well and are not judgmental like many other restaurants are towards tattooed people with blue hair ;)
The food is beautiful, delicious and actually authentic! And their margaritas! I'm not that big on drinking alcohol (I'm big into fitness and am training to become a personal trainer someday) but man are their margaritas good, especially the blackberry one. I definitely recommend coming here :)