“It’s Truly Fast Food!”

Ted's Fish Fry
Ranked #64 of 700 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

If you’re not into ambiance and just want some really great seafood, then Ted’s Fish Fry is the place to go for fried seafood. This was our first visit to Ted’s and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food! We didn’t wait long for our order even tho it was quite busy. Food was delicious and hot! No need to dress up for this restaurant, just hurry on down and eat it while it’s hot!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped by after arriving in town. We had Fish dinners, Onion Rings, Cole Slaw & Munchers. All fresh and delicious!!!!!

Thank K. M
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Love the fried fish in both Latham and Wolf Road. Thought it was interesting that they don't write anything down. I would not recommend the hamburger on Wolf Road though.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Watched numerous commercials about this place so couldn't wait to eat there. It was okay. Scallops on the well done died with no flavor. The fish taco had no flavor itself but the sauce they use on top had a little punch.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

I ate here during a busy lunch time mid-week in July. There was a line of people waiting to order. I had fish tacos and while not really authentic Mexican, they were tasty, The fun part was in the ordering. What you order and what you get seem only casually related. For example, ahead of me was a man who ordered a hamburger - he was handed three hamburgers and gave two back to be set aside and presumably thrown away. The young woman who took my order began with the familiar "for here or to go?" greeting. "For here," I answered and was promptly given a to go bag (which of course was thrown away). The woman behind me ordered a fish sandwich with sauce on the side and (you guessed it) was given one with sauce that had to be sent back and redone. Perhaps my three person sample is unusual but there seemed to be little organization behind the counter. In addition to the three orders I could see first hand, I witnessed a lot of discussion between cooks and counter staff that suggests the need for a better system. The woman who takes the orders was not writing anything down or using a point of sale system and the kitchen staff has to remember the orders which at lunchtime are coming quickly and is great number. Margins are tight in the restaurant business so throwing away mistakes can eat (pun intended) into profits. Overall the experience was fine. The food is pretty good and the staff is friendly, just inept.