“Good fried fish and shrimp”
Review of Ted's Fish Fry

Ted's Fish Fry
Ranked #56 of 696 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 12 May 2015

The shrimp were fairly large, well butterflied and the sauces were good. The bun was average and cheap. The batter sort of lacks seasoning and is pretty generic. I would have given it 3 stars but it was fresh and not too pricey so I leaned to 4 stars this time.

The atmosphere would have looked dated 20 years ago. So today it just looks a bit trashy.

Reviewed 29 April 2015

Ted's is always good! Oddly enough, I rarely get a fish fry. I also go for the fish and chips with extra fries instead of cole slaw. I've also tried the shrimp. Both are scrumptious and fried perfectly!! The fish fry is tasty as well!

Reviewed 21 April 2015

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Albany on Wolf Road. Ted's Fish Fry is right next door so you can walk from hotel to restaurant. We ordered the fish fry on a Saturday night and was pleasantly surprised on how fresh and delicious the fish was. Great job!!

Reviewed 26 March 2015

Great lunch spot if you want to get in and out in quickly. Love the fish fry. Have gone here numerous times over the years. Always good food!

Reviewed 17 March 2015

We ordered fried clams and fried shrimp on a Friday during Lent. In spite of the crowd we waited patiently and took the food home. The package of clams was nothing but tiny bits of grossly overcooked clam pieces that could hardly be chewed. I can honestly say there were 3 overcooked clam pieces more than 1/8" in the entire mess.

The fried shrimp was fine. Average sized, cooked well.

Overall a big disappointment.

1  Thank Eleanor M