“A new favorite”

Ruby Asian Bistro
Ranked #312 of 707 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Nice restaurant a few blocks from the St. Rose Massry Ctr. Asian fair was very good. Well made, delicious sushi dishes and bento boxes - bento boxes not as packed as other restaurants, but still a fair amount of food. Everything was very moderately priced - inexpensive compared to other Asian restaurants in Albany. Good selection of wine and beer. Pleasant bar-ish atmosphere with several seating areas. Friendly service. Will return.

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on a Friday night. We ordered udon noodles with chicken and Thai basil shrimp. Fresh ingredients, lovely fresh mushrooms, tasty miso soup and more. Indulged with a mango bubble tea and loved every bite and sip. Dinner for two, with wine, spring rolls, bubble tea was less than $30.00

1  Thank Sallad13
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I visited this pleasantly decorated and cozy restaurant that's within walking distance of the College of Saint Rose. A colleague and I went for lunch on a Tuesday.
I ordered the Thai mango chicken bento box from the lunch menu. The entree was well-priced at $6.50 although I'm a big eater and would have appreciated more even if my expectations for the bento box were spot on. The mango, chicken and purple onion was fresh. The sauce was a little sweet for my taste so Ill try another item on my next visit. The rice was great...I guess I'm used to sticky rice and was happy with the dry and flavorful short grain rice here. The gyoza was nice, too. The sushi looked good but I'm not an eater of it. My colleague gobbled it up quickly. The green tea kept flowing all through the meal and it was an excellent quality tea that tasted like it had roasted rice. My colleague had the chicken curry bento box and it looked good, too.
Joe, the owner, is warm and friendly and we talked at some length about our favorite asian restaurants. I'm definitely going back and bringing my wife as soon as she is back in town.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

My wife and I order from here at least once a month. They've got great sushi. It's always fresh, delivery is prompt, and the prices aren't too bad either. I usually get the spicy maki combo. They tend to sit a little more on the spicy side of things, which I love. Try the Miami rolls! The rolls are very well made and never fall apart on you. This place is definitely one of our top 3 choices whenever we order sushi delivery. Rolls vary from about 4-5 dollars and up. I think the spicy tuna, boston, alaska, spicy salmon rolls are somewhere around 6-6.50 each. The specialty rolls are actually not that badly priced compared to some other places we've ordered from. If I had a choice between delivery from Ruby or someplace like ichiban, I'd order from here in a second. The freshness makes all the difference.

1  Thank Isaiah S

Been to Ruby Asian Bistro? Share your experiences!