“Great food, especially the seafood.”

Hudson Harbor Steak and Seafood
Ranked #283 of 700 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 June 2017

Wonderful atmosphere, the building housed the Day Line when I was a kid and used to be near the train depot...so the building was nostalgic but the food also was excellent.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

Was taken to this place on a part of a tour, friendly staff, 1 bud beer cost me 8 bux - wow
The place is poorly lit and the outside looks as thou it's ready for demolition , we decided not to eat here as the stale air smell turned my wife off so much she forced me to skull my beer to leave, make up your own mind - Albany probably not the best place to stop with a tour bus.

Reviewed 8 March 2016

Returned to Hudson Harbor Steak and Seafood for the second year in a row during the MAAC Basketball Tournament. This time, had a great French Onion Soup with baked cheese topping and a tremendously sized portion of wonderful Chicken Parmigiana with spaghetti and fresh green beans. Denise is an exceptional server that anticipates my needs very well. Sat in a very comfortable booth in this historic restaurant that used to be a ship's ticket office.

Always enjoy coming from the nearby Holiday Inn to dine in this gem of an Albany Downtown restaurant near the Times Union Center as well! Plan to return there this weekend as well.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

We dined here as a result of a gift certificate given to my husband. After another couple our age (60+) finished, we were alone in the dining room in the middle of the dinner hour. The Coquille Sainte Jacques my husband ordered was outstanding, and came to the table piping hot. My salmon was OK, but a bit over cooked. In both cases, the garlic mashed potatoes were lukewarm. The waiter was great, the drinks were fine, and the portion sizes were generous. This restaurant in an historic building appears to be overlooked by most down down diners. Too bad.

Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

We were going to stop for dinner on a Wednesday evening around 6pm, but the place was in a scary area of boarded up storefronts. We didn't see a person or any cars around and decided to go elsewhere.

1  Thank Czeisler

Been to Hudson Harbor Steak and Seafood? Share your experiences!