“Tries hard but...meh.”

Grappa '72 Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 747 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional/Contemporary Italian Cuisine, affordable entrees, great service, and the atmosphere is sure to please.
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I chose Grappa '72 because it showed up on all the lists of romantic date-night restaurants in Albany. The room itself delivered, low lighting, a pleasant atmosphere, tables spaced appropriately apart, and the service was excellent. The food was adequate but not memorable. My biggest issue is the location. A bit removed from the city center, located in the back of a strip mall. I could see my girlfriends's skepticism as we pulled up, and although our meal was fine, the experience left us wishing we'd gone somewhere else.

5  Thank Chris O

Reviewed 9 August 2017

The pasta and salads were exceptional. Loved the shrimp and scallop pasta of the day. Caesar salad was excellent and large enough to share.

3  Thank 575arleneg
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Wonderful evening! Everything was delightful; calamari, wine, bolognese & Uncle pasta as the main dish, and 4 desserts. Yes, 4 desserts lol. Michael is the best waiter ever, thank you for putting up with us. Lol Classy restaurant, classy jazz band and classy decor.

2  Thank DaynaLove
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We came here, very excited as we'd visited a few times over the years. Always loved the food and ambience in the past, but the service was slow we wanted to poke our eyes out!!!!
We ordered a soup for our young daughter with our drink orders. I watched a table arrive after that. This table was served their appetizers and still my daughter had no soup and we had no drinks aside from water. I was fit to be tied. I watched the next table also give their food order and eat their appetizers and main courses, all before ours. Unacceptable! We won't return!

5  Thank Nandita W
Reviewed 18 July 2017

My husband and I went to Grappa for dinner and sat on the patio because it was such a nice night. The calamari appetizer was so delicious and cooked perfectly. Our entrees were also great. We always have a good meal when we go there and highly recommend it. The service is always excellent too!

2  Thank julie2017new

Been to Grappa '72 Ristorante? Share your experiences!