“Slow, slow service! You'll want to poke your eyes out!”

Grappa '72 Ristorante
Ranked #4 of 747 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional/Contemporary Italian Cuisine, affordable entrees, great service, and the atmosphere is sure to please.
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We came here, very excited as we'd visited a few times over the years. Always loved the food and ambience in the past, but the service was slow we wanted to poke our eyes out!!!!
We ordered a soup for our young daughter with our drink orders. I watched a table arrive after that. This table was served their appetizers and still my daughter had no soup and we had no drinks aside from water. I was fit to be tied. I watched the next table also give their food order and eat their appetizers and main courses, all before ours. Unacceptable! We won't return!

5  Thank Nandita W

Reviewed 18 July 2017

My husband and I went to Grappa for dinner and sat on the patio because it was such a nice night. The calamari appetizer was so delicious and cooked perfectly. Our entrees were also great. We always have a good meal when we go there and highly recommend it. The service is always excellent too!

2  Thank julie2017new
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Look, the food is great and the ambiance is too. It's a nice place, don't get me wrong when I say this. It's just so disappointing when you call a restaurant intending on a special dinner and they can't really make it special. I called to tell them that we'd be celebrating our first anniversary at their place. This is an opportunity for them to really step up, and they just didn't. 1) We saved a special bottle of wine from our wedding last year to be enjoyed on our first anniversary. It's Falcone wine, our last name and we paid a lot to have it shipped to us in NY from CA. To have the bottle, there was a $20 uncorking fee, which seems really high to me. 2) I then asked if they did anything special for anniversaries and the answer was, "We can put a candle in a dessert if you order one." Uhmmm.. no. 3) We were seated in a spot very dark. We're young and we could barely see the menu. What could they have done differently to keep loyal foodies coming back for more? So much! Waive the corking fee or tell us it will be half price uncorking for the occasion.. something. Maybe they could have put us at a nice table near the musician and told us that it was in celebration. Maybe a free dessert to share? What about the waitress who saw us opening cards at her table? She could have said, "Oh is it a special occasion?" Nope. Not a word. We will probably not be coming back and like I said, it's not the food. It's the personal touch.. the bit of excellence to rise above for your customers who chose to celebrate something special at your establishment. I simply found it lacking. There are a lot of restaurants, next anniversary we'll go elsewhere.

7  Thank Reddaisies
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped for dinner at Grappa 72 on way to Vt. Food was terrific. We shared a grilled shrimp salad for first course; really good. Entrees we're just as good. Only issue was slow kitchen, especially since we were traveling. I would definitely visit again, but not if time is an issue.

2  Thank JayBS661
Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I have been going to this restaurant since it opened and always had a very good meal. Saturday night my wife and we had probably one of the best Italian meals outside of Italy. On top of that the service was impeccable. The waitress was extremely knowledgeable about the menu as well as the specials. Made recommendations which proved to be excellent. Also suggested a wine that too was delightful. All in all this restaurant should satisfy anyone looking for outstanding Italian restaurant in the Tri-City area.

2  Thank 07201941

Been to Grappa '72 Ristorante? Share your experiences!