“A gem in Albany”

Kismet Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #89 of 752 Restaurants in Albany
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Kismet is an absolute jewel in Albany. The food is excellent and the ambiance is wonderful. If you can, snag the corner table by the door. It's a perfect location to people watch while enjoying your meal. We celebrated our anniversary at the Kismet in late March. A good appetizer is the Shakshuka. Entrees included Chicken Kavourma and Shrimp Kavourma. So tasty. The wine list is small but adequate. Highly recommend the Kismet. .

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Stopped in for Dinner after a boastful recommendation from a friend and it did not disappoint. The ambiance and the staff are first rate, as is the food! Many different beers & wines to select from, as well as local craft beers. I'm not a huge Mediterranean food lover, so for me to say that chicken gyro was perfectly cooked & marinated means a lot. Give it a try - you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed 21 February 2018

Just found this place before a show at the Massry Center. Wonderful middle eastern food. Great presentations and good service. Good value.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Have eaten here 3 times. I recommend the Chicken Gyro with very tasty marinated chunks of chicken, salad and a good tzatziki sauce. There is optional feta cheese included for an extra charge but I prefer it without the feta. It is served with a side of hot sauce but I prefer extra tzatziki sauce instead. There are many appetizer choices and I highly recommend the babaganoush. The baklava is excellent with just the right amount of cinnamon and honey syrup. The restaurant is light and airy and nicely decorated. The owners also have the cutest baby girl you have ever seen! You will be happy you ate here.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and great service. My boyfriend and I came here on Saturday for an early dinner. We got a cup of Turkish tea and Moroccan mint tea. For apps we ordered the hummus, sigara boregi (served with tzatziki/yogurt sauce- absolutely delicious!!), and a large greek salad. For our main courses we ordered the shish kebab lamb and the kismet mixed grill.
We enjoyed our entire meal & definitely recommend coming to Kismet!!

Been to Kismet Mediterranean Grill? Share your experiences!