“COuld be better”

Octopus Diving Center
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We got a good deal on the excursion for St. Pierre and Curieus being Honeymooners.The food cooked by the service was excellent.The trip all in all satisfying.But we felt cheated when it came to snorkeling.Firstly we were told we would get to drop off at an island and snorkel till waist length as we are not experienced swimmers.Instead the yacht was stopped midway in deep waters and we were asked to snorkel.The snorkel barely lasted for 20 mins and we were called back.The highlight of the trip was the excursion, seeing the land tortoises and the food.Snorkeling was just a waste of money.

Veronique D, Manager at Octopus Diving Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

I don't know with who you have been on excursion but it is not with us as we do only scuba diving , so please address your complain to the right company . Thanks ! Véronique , Manager of Octopus Diving Centre .

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"instructor"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

This dive centre helped us with a last minute dive when Whitetip divers cancelled our booked dive on the day.

Thx whitebank dive was a terrible dive and other than two schools of fish and the sea turtles, there was not much to see.

Would not recommend you waste your money on this, unless, you really want to see the sea turtles, and as this was a dream mine, I could walk away with a smile.

All in all, a very professional team that I would use again and recommend.

1  Thank PizzaBarPlett
Reviewed 20 January 2018

My experience with Octopus was very good; my dives were based around the advanced padi course with an instructor called Vicky. The dives were well gauged to my experience and comfort levels, Vicky is an excellent instructor - patient and attentive. I was keen to go on a few more practice dives however unfortunately I fell ill. If I return to praslin, I would be happy to dive with Octopus again.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I do not want to judge the whole team, but to the warning I put a photo of a cheater, which unfortunately is employed in Octopus Diving Center, at least that had a legitimacy, I warn everyone who is interested in not paying any money before the service, because you will not get back your money for a trip that will not take place.

4  Thank Diabelh
Veronique D, Gérant at Octopus Diving Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

To answer Mr. Grzegorz N about the WARNING he posted on trip adviser on the 28th of December 2017.
Raoul, the guy on the picture is a junkie that roams around the beach near the dive center looking for guests to sell excursions to different islands. He is definitly NOT one of octopus divers employee. He is using the dive center's name on false pretense and sometimes wear an octopus diver's shirt which he stole from the dive shop.
We are very sorry about your bad experience, your advise is right, there are several guys like him on the beach, very tricky who ask for a money deposit to do whatever trip that you will never do and never get your money back. Do not pay any excursion in advance! Police is already aware.
And again these guys has nothing to do with Octopus diving centre.
Véronique, Manager of Octopus Diving