USD 614
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 632
USD 387
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 502/night.

USD 206
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
USD 432
Free cancellation until 26/07
USD 594
Hotels.com
MAIA Luxury Resort & Spa(Anse Louis)
USD 2,509
USD 1,962
USD 1,687
  • Pool
4,051 results
All reviewssouth beachadam evejunior suitehalf boardzip linezee barrock climbingeve restaurantcyann restaurantspa villalarge resortour honeymoonfamily villamain buffetdrinks are expensiveshuttle servicedress code
Reviewed 6 April 2018

While this is a beautiful resort, we had a terrible experience and to be honest we were excited to leave. From our experience, as a young interracial couple, this resort is not the atmosphere for guests of color. I certainly do not make these comments lightly. In a country full of people of color, this resort does not cater to diversity, rather it seems they go out of their way to create an isolated atmosphere that wants to keep the local culture out and separated. There were multiple instances that occurred that made us feel that we were being treated differently because of the color of my skin. Below provides a description of just a few:

1) When we arrived for dinner, we were not offered the hats and drinks that everyone else was offered, It took about 5 minutes when a waiter realized we were indeed guests and offered one.
2) We asked for the wine menu and the waiter had asked a different employee to send the menu to us. We waited for about 10 minutes and I noticed that the wine menu was sent to a different table. We asked again and the waiter was surprised that we had not yet received it and had to go get it herself.
3) We selected a table and our waiter told us it will take 5-10minutes to clean up. As we were waiting, I noticed that our waiter selected a white couple that came after us and sent them to the table that had just been cleaned up for us. I asked why and there was confusion and not a clear answer on what went wrong. We got a robotic apology and we had to wait for another table that was not our preference. To make things worse, at the end of our meal, I had to go ask for the bill only to find out we were overcharged for certain items.

We experienced an issue every night, not to mention the continuous cold shoulder we received from many guests as if we were not wanted or we did not belong. The only explanation appears to be because I am a black man married to a woman who's skin is different from mine. At the end of our stay, my wife was yearning to leave as she never felt we were welcomed and felt we were treated unfairly because of the color of my skin.

I reported our experiences to the hotel and got what seemed like an automated apology. Unfortunately, it appears that this resort only considers one type of person a legitimate guest - if your skin is white. Until this is corrected, I cannot recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask to make sure the bed does not have sand in it
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
8  Thank 518olamideo
Constance E, General Manager at Constance Ephelia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear 518olamideo,

We are extremely disheartened to read about your perceptions about our guests and employees. At Constance Hotels & Resorts we do not tolerate and we condemn any attempt of racist behavior or accusation.

Constance Ephelia has welcomed thousands of guests from different countries over the past eight years and we proudly have around fifteen different nationalities staying with us currently.

We are very proud of our cultural diversity which is reflected in it's employees from twenty-one different nationalities at your service each day. Respect is one of our key values and every single staff member Constance Hotels are committed towards it.

We may not be perfect, but since we care and since our target is to achieve excellence, we know that we will not leave any stones unturned for the well-being of our guests, therefore we wish to apologize for the service shortfalls you experienced during your short stay with us.

The teams strength remains in how a situation is turned around when communicated and as we did not have the opportunity to discuss the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us, I would appreciate if you could contact me personally so that I can have more information - rm@epheliaresort.com

With the best regards,

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed in Contance Ephelia in the last week of March 2018. We had booked the Junior suite which had a balcony and it was quite a large and comfortable room. The property is massive and they had the buggy which would drop you wherever you required. From the spa to the beaches to anywhere that you could possibly want within the property. Lovely and pleasant staff all around. The beaches are spectacular. Little fishes swimming at your feet. There is snorkelling, paddle boat and kayaking which you can do for free.....we chartered a boat deeper into the ocean and had a wonderful snorkeling trip with Patrick and team - DouC charter....the spa facilities (the steam room, sauna, thermal pool etc) are also available to be used by hotel guests for free till 2pm....after which you may need to make a reservation......Now to the restaurants! I cannot gush about them enough. Corossol - The buffet breakfast was a delight! We were 3 families - a total of 11 persons including kids....and all of us were able to leave happy after every single meal.... ....Chef Manoj (sous chef) took special care of us every single day and was able to cook for us some dishes which reminded us of home......the fish mango curry, the chicken curry and the uppma......nearly brought tears to our eyes.......it was home away from home!!!!...the Restaurant Manager Mr. Ajin was also most courteous...everyone on this team was wonderful......there was a tamilian chef who was also really sweet and the lamb biriyani, the chicken samosa and the Gulab Jamuns on the Indian theme day deserves special mention....the other restaurant that we tried was Adam and Eve and I think the Nasi Goreng there was hands down the favourite of our group.....once again, the Indian chef there requires special mention...he came to our table and enquired if we needed anything and made something for us the way we liked it.....overall, it was a fantastic stay !!!

Thankyou you, Constance Ephelia team for giving us a memorable stay!!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank veenamadhavan
Constance E, Manager at Constance Ephelia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear veenamadhavan,

Warm greetings from Constance Ephelia Seychelles. Thank you for posting your review about your recent stay with us online.

It was a real pleasure welcoming you and having you at our resort. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your holiday, that you indulged in the many activities here and that you loved the dishes at our restaurants Corossol and Adam & Eve.

Once more thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share your experience.

I look forward to welcome you back in the near future, for yet another memorable stay.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

As we visit many hotels I admit that we are a little spoiled. For the 2 Easter Weeks we this time enjoyed the Seychelles.
First La Digue and now for about 8 days Mahé.

Location:
The location of the Constance Ephelia is pretty unique as it is within a National Park including a Marine Park. Latter (North beach on the left) shows a better coral reef than at the praised Coco Island and other spots we made excursions to!! Pretty amazing. We found more living corals than on Mauritius and other traditional spots. The “protection” seems to work.
Also the hotel team does a lot for Mangroves which cover a considerable share of the half-island. Very interesting!
Actually - if you take a look from the mountain area in the West of the place then your breath will stop because of the beauty of the surrounding landscape. You can observe hunting fish in the ocean beneath you and you see a sundown which is a glimpse of paradise (well - at least in our view).

Hotel:
Also the concept of the hotel is very much adapted to the place (quite “ecological”) which is the reason why they won the bidding for that location against many other competitors. The staff is well trained and extremely friendly. The hotel is also one of the few locations where you can enjoy the „standard“ buffet and not need to go into a restaurant for a defined high-end menu. Each and every day we were amazed by the variety and the breadth in tastes. Indian food tasted like good Indian food - and not like a standardized compromise which is suitable for 80 year old and 3 year old fellow citizens (still they were offered their favourite stuff). Only negative side effect is the additional weight we gained (we normally do not - but here it was a small negative side-effect compared to the quality nutrition intake :-)

Room/Villa:
Just perfect for coming in and immediately feeling home (I travel about 80% of my business life so I know all about that).
A great feel of luxury without „ChiChi“.

Summary:
All in all this is a great place to be and we will definitely come again (currently we are still in our villa and think about not leaving next Saturday...).

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Constance E, Manager at Constance Ephelia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Rolf S,

Warm greetings from Constance Ephelia Seychelles. Thank you for sharing your ongoing experience with us on Trip Advisor.

I am thrilled to learn that you are enjoying your stay at our property and that we are one of the best hotels you ever visited. This brings us so much pride.

Here at Constance Ephelia, we do our utmost to remain integrated in nature. Just to note, our resort is the only site where all of the 7 species of mangrove plants are found.

It is a delight to read that you would definitely come back after this holiday.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We returned for a week at C.E., four years after our first visit to see if it was a special as we remembered and if it would be suitable for our upcoming wedding. It is a really lovely resort, with sensational friendly and welcoming staff. Aside from snorkelling, finding the hidden beaches, kayaking, massages and meditation at the spa, we spent time with the management, Stephane, Stephane 2 and Samuel. We were taken around potential venues, and talked through logistics. It will be invaluable. Top tips, wear factor 50 during the day and serious bug spray at night, and you should be fine. Full board gets you access to Helios and Adam and Eve 3 course lunches, which is especially good when dinner reservations are fully booked. The Singapore Laksa at A&E is sensational. Seselwa was my favourite for dinner, tasting more authentic local cuisine, octopus etc! We were lucky enough to have a table by the beach one evening. All the buggy drivers are very kind and fun. Housekeeping are excellent too. The evening turn down service was a joy, walking back into a cool clean room after a romantic dinner. We can't wait to return and bring our friends and family for our special day.

Room Tip: Junior suites are brilliant, right on the south beach (which is the quietest and most beautiful). Lower floors have terraces.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear EmmyAsh,

Warm greetings from Constance Ephelia Seychelles. Thank you for taking the time to share this review with other travelers here on Trip Advisor.

It was a real pleasure welcoming you back to our property. We are pleased to read that after four years, we are still special to you. Chef is delighted that you enjoyed the culinary experience.

We eagerly look forward to host your wedding. Along with the team, we cannot wait to have you back and to welcome your family and friends.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Family of four everyone has one word to say what he or she likes best here in this piece of paradise:

“Paradise”
Want to jump of joy, seriously!
Mum (me) writing this. We had two junior suites at the south side of the resort. The rooms were breathtakingly beautiful, big, clean and comfy.
My most favorite place was a hammock at the beach. Nothing beats swinging in a light breeze in the shadow of the palms looking at the sea.
We had booked half-board and the food was delicious without exception, very high quality and fresh - had to spend plenty of time in the gym. All staff were superfriendly and helpful ALL the time.
Especially at my sons birthday they made his day. Cake, decoration of our room with balloons and bitrthday greetings with flowers on the bed. Thank you so much Constance Ephelia.

„Fantastic“
from the birthday boy. He didn’t expect any celebration. Totally happy!

„Excellent”
my older son suggested that word for Contamce Ephelia. I totally agree which doesn’t happen everyday. (Teenage hormones cause more of the opposite).

„Outstanding“
A big thank you to all the employees who were ever so friendly and helpful and good at their job. You made our holiday perfect!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Dagmar R

Dear Dagmar R,

Warm greetings from Constance Ephelia Seychelles. Thank you for your positive review here on Trip Advisor and for sharing your experience with other travelers.

It was a real pleasure welcoming you and your family. I am thrilled to read the comments from all the members of the family and that you all enjoyed your time with us. I am glad that the birthday boy loved his birthday surprises.

Along with my team, I cannot wait to welcome you back for yet another fabulous holiday experience.