“It was late and was still open!”
Review of Big Ben

Big Ben
Ranked #54 of 64 Restaurants in Tiberias
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: Big Ben is one of the biggest bars/restaurants on the pedestrian street in Tiberias, Sea of Galilee, Israel.
Reviewed 14 March 2016

We arrived Tiberias late on a Friday and most places were closed. We found this restaurant open. There were many different dishes (specially for teens that normally are kin of picky with food abroad). The burgers were great. I asked for one of the specialties : Peter s Fish ( was not that special. Too many fishbones). The rest of the food was quite good and evrybody happy. Service was OK

1  Thank Ale888Ale

Reviewed 7 January 2016

A friend and I came here while staying in Tiberias. The restaurant itself was quite funny as it is called 'Big Ben' and yet is an Irish restaurant serving Italian food and serving local Israeli wine! We ordered food and a bottle of red wine; the wine was average but the food was fantastic! The spaghetti bolognaise especially! Afterwards a lot of students from America came in and the place turned into a club, it was a great atmosphere! Unfortunately what ruined it was the waiter, (I think he may have been the owner!) when he collected the bill, he demanded a bigger tip from us! We had left about a 15/20% tip, as we had liked it so much but he still felt we should leave more! I do not think it is ever appropriate to ask for a tip, if one is given it is a bonus, but it is always impolite to ask for a tip/service charge! A shame, as the food was brilliant!

Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

Excellent food. Before the meal they brought out salads and pita complementary. I ordered the fish and chips, my husband had the pasta Neapolitan and the kids had schnitzel with fries. All meals were fresh and prepared well.

1  Thank Juliewatson1
Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

The food good, but the service was better. It was Saturday evening before the Sabbath ended so we were limited on restaurants. This place was one of the only places open. The food was average-to good. Service was great and it was a good location to people watch.

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Just been here during my stay in Tiberias. Service quick and attentive and I did not experience dodgy bills as other reviewers. Food is in line with what you pay, so not bad after all.