“Family Friendly Hotel”

Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Ramat Gan
Reviewed 10 December 2015

For our family vacation, Kfar Maccabiah was like a home away from home.
We found the staff welcoming, the rooms clean and comfortable, and the breakfast buffet delicious. Our room rate included the sumptuous buffet breakfast (I was sorry to read that another guest ate elsewhere because of cost). Dinner is also offered, but we declined at $35/each. We learned the hotel has numerous cribs. But we only got one for our room for our grandchild once it was understood our need was immediate.The hotel was especially popular with observant families on Shabbat perhaps because the hotel is so family friendly--and Kosher. The spacious grounds included tennis courts (youthful International Tennis Federation players were playing there the week we were there), a wonderful covered playground for little kids, numerous lounge chairs dotted the grassy expanses under shade trees--many local retirees gathered there (apparently they have a local club membership). The three outdoor pools were closed in the off season but an indoor pool was open. Apparently there is also a large gym available for a small extra fee). Kfar Maccabiah offers an Ideal location for airport, Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and Haifa. . Even though the hotel hosted international tennis competition,it seemed more targeted to Israelis rather than foreign visitors. Aside from local maps in English, Hebrew, and Russian at the desk, there were no tourist brochures or maps of Israel, no postcards to buy (the hotel has closed their store), and there were no English, only Hebrew, newspapers Perhaps it's because everything is online these days, but I missed these amenities.

Room Tip: Balconies are more spacious on the south side, newer building.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Carlita62

Reviewed 3 December 2015

The room was big, nicely furnished and clean. The hotel tastefully decorated.
Lovely grounds, lots of amenities. We didn't eat in the hotel dinning room though as the meals were very expensive, especially breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

The enormous breakfast buffet is fantastic (although if you stay 10 days like I did, you do get a little bored since it never changes). But the rooms are unexceptional and the service is less than great. We called ahead twice to ask for a crib, but none was there when we arrived and we had to wait for someone to bring one. We ordered packed breakfast the day of departure and it came 20 minutes late, giving us ulcers when we had to get to the airport. (And then its main contents were a tuna sandwich, odd breakfast.) There was also disruptive renovation during the day throughout the corridor around our room. Overall it was a decent place to stay but we'd look into other options for a return visit.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Elon D
Angie L, Director of Sales at Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2015

Dear Elon D,

We would like to thank you for your comments following your recent stay at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites. we were pleased to hear you liked our breakfast, and at the same time sorry we did not meet your expectations during your stay. we deeply apologies for any inconvenience you may had. we take your comments seriously and hope that your next visit you will enjoy the high standard of our service that you expect and deserve from our hotel. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not so distant future in order to restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2015 via mobile

Normal Room with tv, ac a balcony, the best in the hotel is the breakfast, lot of choices and all good !
Didn't like the Gym outside the hotel with "maybe" extra costs! Bar is good, good burguer and local beer, a bit expensive for my pocket but its a hotel
Secure, good access.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business

Dear João C,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites and for taking the time to post your feedback. I would like to thank you for your kind compliments regarding our hotel service and location. please note that additional fee for the GYM is for insurance. I would like to thank you again, and look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 10 November 2015

I'll start with the entrance, driving through the facility is reminiscent of driving through a shanty town with all kinds of tin shacks and huts, a bit weird. At reception I was greeted by a rather abrupt young lady totally lacking in any kind of social graces but it was quick. The room card didn't work so I had to go back down to get it recoded, again with the same agent, no apology, no nothing just recoded the card and handed it back to me. I got into the room and a spacious well furnished suite unfortunately that is about the last good thing I have to say. The TV was not working properly and I found that the cable was disconnected at the back, I fixed this myself. The TV remote in the bedroom was missing some buttons but the one from the main area worked there too. This didn't matter in the end as there is a very poor channel selection.The carpet had gum stuck to it so I avoided that. In the morning I went for a swim, when I came back I found that the shower stall had a used soap bar in it so I switched to the bath shower. Alas, no hot water ! So a quick cold shower and then a good rub with the towel, unfortunately the towel had a brown stain on it, this is totally gross so I dried myself on my sweatshirt. I went down to the front desk to complain, another rather disinterested young lady said that she would get it seen to. Again, no apology no reaction no nothing, like it's a normal thing. Breakfast was ok but once more, things just weren't clean, there was food on the walls, the floor had food on it too, there was a dirty looking thermos on the table that I thought might have coffee in it but when I poured my self a cup all I got was yellowish mildly warm liquid so I gave up on that too. At the end of my second day I went back to the room and again the room card didn't work, you know the routine, desk....disinterested agent...back up stairs...the next morning no hot water again but at the least the towels appeared to be clean, threadbare but clean. I checked out on the third day of my stay, assisted by a lady that complained that I had not given them a credit card when I checked in, I doubt this very much but frankly it didn't matter,I just wanted to get out. Very unprofessional, unclean and I'll not be going back there.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank daniel_travel2011

Dear daniel_travel2011,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites , and for bringing your feedback to our attention. I am sorry to hear that your experience was not to the standards that you expected. Please accept my sincer apologies for any inconvenience cousd to you with regards to all issues you have mentioned.
I have pased your comments to our managment team for immediate action.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ramat Gan
4 km away
Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center
4.3 km away
Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv - Diamond District

Been to Kfar Maccabiah Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!