“The Best View on the Acadia Beach”
Review of Yam 7

Yam 7
Ranked #9 of 152 Restaurants in Herzliya
Price range: USD 25 - USD 50
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 December 2015

I have counted 4 eateries on this beautiful Acadia Beach. I have already tried Mona beach, the first one when you walk from the mall and the marina, for which I posted a review a few weeks ago. Now it is the turn of the next one, Yam 7.
This one is somehow higher, you have to climb a few stairs to reach it which has the advantage to give you a better, elevated, view of the beautiful Acadia Beach and the magnificent Mediterranean Sea.

We had some breakfast on a winter but sunny Saturday morning and it was what I could call a Glorious Morning.
The wind was cold and the other restaurants on the beach itself were exposed to it and therefore quite cold. So Yam 7 was an easy choice.

Yam 7 includes an indoor area completely protected from the weather, with large windows so no loss of the view, but also 3 outdoor areas from which you can appreciate even more the vista while being less exposed to the wind (in the shadow for summer time and its unforgivable sun).
So you don't have the usual sitting areas offering different types of chairs, armchairs, sofa and even beds like in all the other places on Acadia Beach but you got a splendid view of the sea.
BTW like in the other restaurants there you have the usual cool music played which I can't tell if you'll like it or not ... Let's say that I did appreciate it since it was cool and easy like jazz, and relaxing tunes ... for a relaxing ambiance...Which is finally what we were looking for.

Enough with the area, now the food ...
Since it was breakfast and not lunch no comments about fish or shrimps (which anyway we do not touch) but about coffee, cappuccino, fresh bread, butter and jam, in short ... breakfast.
An it was very good.
Fresh bread, good coffee, excellent service: fast, efficient, with a smile ... Exactly what it should be...

So why not a 5 star rating ? because I still think the prices could be lower.
I know it is on the beach, front line, with 5 star hotels all around but I wish it could be possible to sit in a beach restaurant in Israel without leaving there your shirt as we say in French.

Bottom line, we were there to enjoy the sea, the sun, the white sand, the cool'n easy music and to take our time, which we did.
And since there is this well protected, heated if necessary, indoor area, you can eat there in Winter's windy, rainy and even stormy days to enjoy an all different type of sea ...
An experience I still have to try...
May be next time, because I'll certainly be back there...

25  Thank Dan M

Reviewed 27 November 2015

After being disappointed with the choices of restaurants in the area we were happy to hear about the Yam 7 from another guest at our hotel and give it a try. We were met with friendly service and good food here and we enjoyed the great view. We definitely would go back on future stays.

Reviewed 15 November 2015

Yam 7 – Always a pleasure!

We had lunch on a beautiful sunny day in November.
Sat in the open-air terrace, overlooking the beach.
Always tasty, good dishes.
Location is great but it is a bit pricy!

Reviewed 12 November 2015 via mobile

Besides the great nedeternian food, this spot is by far the best for relaxing and chilling near the beach. It's location is key. Overlooking, not too close to the water ... Not too far. Best around 4-7 pm

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Mediocre restaurant, fish and seafood fine but nothing more than that, the restaurant once. The landscape and the atmosphere is great,